Windows 10: How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?

Discus and support How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, I had signed up for the Windows Insider program, and selected Release preview Channel, to download the May 21H1 Windows 10 update. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abhishek Roychoudhury, May 23, 2021.

1. How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?

Recently, I had signed up for the Windows Insider program, and selected Release preview Channel, to download the May 21H1 Windows 10 update. After installing that update, a new bug started appearing in my laptop, where the desktop icons turn black in color.So, I decided to remove myself from the program and I have unlinked my&n

:)

Abhishek Roychoudhury, May 23, 2021

2. Receiving preview Windows updates even I'm not opt-in for the Insider Program

Hi Red,

This issue installing Windows Insider could have happened due to the version of your Windows. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Which version of Windows are you running?
    • Have you tried registering on Windows Insider?

We also suggest that you follow the steps provided in this
    article.
    This will give you a step to stop receiving Windows Insider updates.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, May 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build has never updated

I want to add this for anyone in the future that may come across this post.

I followed the advice of @Ramhound and the links he provided in the comments and created a new VM in Azure from the downloaded image of Build 14295, which was the closest available ISO build. I followed all the steps to connect my MS account to the VM for insider preivew. I changed my insider preview settings to Fast track. I even used my MS account to sign into the VM.

I checked the registry settings as suggested by this article and ensured everything there was correct. Even after all this, I still did not receive the 14316 build.

I diligently checked my machine multiple times per day. I manually checked for updates. I restarted the machine several times. I changed my settings to developer mode. Even after following all these steps, I still did not receive the build.

Finally! Today, after a week of waiting, I logged into the VM, and the build was there. I do not believe any of this extra work I did helped....but I did learn some stuff from this, so it was not a complete waste of time. I think I would have received the build if I would have just left my VM as it was and kept waiting.

tldr - From my experience, I think the best advice is to just be patient and wait. If you have waited a significant amount of time (2 weeks), then maybe look into the other solutions.

Alex Chance, May 23, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?

Stop Preview Builds?

Turn it back on at the end of the month, check for updates and it should find the RTM.

Whether you can get the final release or not depends, somewhat, on how you installed the insider preview, and whether you wish to remain on the insider program.

https://blogs.windows.com/bloggingw...changes-to-windows-10-insider-preview-builds/

The crux of it is this:

• Do you want to continue as a Windows Insider and keep getting preview builds after 7/29?
    • Or do you want to upgrade your Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 system that has been getting Windows 10 Insider Preview builds to the 7/29 release and
      stop being an Insider?
    “I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon
    your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since
    we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems,
    but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in
    the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern
    the offer*
    that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain
    activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

Martmcd, May 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?

1. How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds? - Similar Threads - stop receiving insider

2. I want to stop getting windows 11 insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to stop getting windows 11 insider preview builds: I want to know how to stop receiving Insider builds in Windows 10. When I do it in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program, I do not have the choice to “Stop receiving Insider Builds” . I can unlink my Microsoft account from Windows Insider Program, but I...
  3. I want to stop getting windows 11 insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to stop getting windows 11 insider preview builds: I want to know how to stop receiving Insider builds in Windows 10. When I do it in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program, I do not have the choice to “Stop receiving Insider Builds” . I can unlink my Microsoft account from Windows Insider Program, but I...
  4. I want to stop getting windows 11 insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. insider preview builds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  6. How do I opt out of receiving the windows preview builds

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I opt out of receiving the windows preview builds: I want to opt out of receiving the windows insider preview updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-opt-out-of-receiving-the-windows-preview/e60c1eb6-7c2b-4e8c-a493-3f2c43da2d30
  7. how to stop receiving windows insider notices or builds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop receiving windows insider notices or builds.: I am not a member of windows insider program yet I constantly receive their notices or updates which I do not want. The instructions state: settings>update/security>stop update builds. That 'stop' option does not appear. Only option displayed is 'Get started' Have no...
  8. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  9. Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10: How to: Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 Windows Insider Preview is here today, and Microsoft is already working on the next version to bring you more great features. Join...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving How to Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information If you joined the Windows Insider Program on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, then you will get the latest Insider...