Windows 10: How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update

Discus and support How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know, I messed up and set scheduled update before running the HealthCheck. Once ya'll get past the laughter, just remember I'm old and a bit slow,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlickTX, Oct 26, 2021.

1. BlickTX Win User

How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update

I know, I messed up and set scheduled update before running the HealthCheck. Once ya'll get past the laughter, just remember I'm old and a bit slow, similar to my PC. My chip is not up to date. So - I will not want to install Windows 11. My concern is that since a date/time is set, it will automatically update. Please tell me how to stop that and continue to live a while longer in my own little Windows 10 world. Also, please be kind. I really am 80 and a bit slow.

:)

BlickTX, Oct 26, 2021
  2. denmarfl Win User

Internet Explorer 11; Windows 10....Stopped Working

IE11; Windows 10. For the past 2 weeks when I open IE11 I get Internet Explorer has Stopped working POPUP message rendering IE 11 unusable.

I have followed suggested Fixes by "Resetting" IE11; Use Software Rendering...is NOT checked. I have tried to use "System Restore" and go back to a Restore Point prior to 2 weeks but, I get unable to restore to xx/xx/xxxx because the process cannot file iexplorer.exe.

I have tried several Restore Points...get this same result.

I cannot fine the Internet 11 Install Update to delete it as it is not in the list History\Installed Updates.

Surely there must be away to fix IE 11...I have run out of things to do...suggestions with steps will be appreciated.

denmarfl, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Scheduling Windows 10 updates

Hi Anthony,

We suggest you to schedule a restart instead, after downloading Windows update. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Windows icon.
    • Type Settings.
    • Click Update and Security.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On Choose how update are installed, click the drop down button. See the screenshot below:

How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update 86cfa2c8-ff26-40b8-948b-dab72e5034b1.png

Regards.

Jesebel Ova, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update - Similar Threads - stop scheduled update

2. I do not want to update to Windows 11, how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not want to update to Windows 11, how to stop it?: I'm absolutely tired of my laptop updating to Windows 11 everytime it decides so, and then reverting back to Windows 10.I'm on a Windows Insider Dev build. Leaving the Insider program didn't help in the slightest; one misstep and my computer is at Windows 11 again.I do not...
  3. I do not want to update to Windows 11, how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not want to update to Windows 11, how to stop it?: I'm absolutely tired of my laptop updating to Windows 11 everytime it decides so, and then reverting back to Windows 10.I'm on a Windows Insider Dev build. Leaving the Insider program didn't help in the slightest; one misstep and my computer is at Windows 11 again.I do not...
  4. I do not want to update to Windows 11, how to stop it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop scheduled Windows 11 update: I know, I messed up and set scheduled update before running the HealthCheck. Once ya'll get past the laughter, just remember I'm old and a bit slow, similar to my PC. My chip is not up to date. So - I will not want to install Windows 11. My concern is that since a date/time...
  6. How do I schedule Edge updates?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I schedule Edge updates?: After the 21H1 update, one of the first processes to run on my computer is the Edge update. If I deny it internet access, it keeps at it about hourly. Now, nothing about it can be found in start-up, services, and scheduled tasks. How is this update triggered and where should...
  7. How do I schedule Edge updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I schedule Edge updates?: After the 21H1 update, one of the first processes to run on my computer is the Edge update. If I deny it internet access, it keeps at it about hourly. Now, nothing about it can be found in start-up, services, and scheduled tasks. How is this update triggered and where should...
  8. How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?: How do I stop all scheduled tasks so I can do a LapLink PC to PC transfer without task interruptions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-all-scheduled-tasks-in-windows-10/dc783e70-7f85-4f24-b3a3-55e096dca260
  9. how do I schedule windows 10 updates>

how do I schedule windows 10 updates>: how do I schedule windows 10 updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-windows-10-updates/0f0e654f-fbcf-4324-938d-2201417a050f
  10. How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?

How do I stop all scheduled tasks in Windows 10?: How do I stop all scheduled tasks (so I can do a LapLink PC to PC transfer without task interruptions?) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-all-scheduled-tasks-in-windows-10/8d0e299b-6d73-43d0-9d0d-a600f74a4209