Windows 10: How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding...

Discus and support How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying to add or delete a program, or app, is impossible as this message appears: "Another program is being installed. Please wait until installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EVLWright, Apr 20, 2020.

1. EVLWright Win User

How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding...

Trying to add or delete a program, or app, is impossible as this message appears:

"Another program is being installed. Please wait until installation is complete, and then try installing again."

:)

EVLWright, Apr 20, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding... :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 20, 2020
  3. how can I stop those annoying windows 10 ads?

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your description, you want stop the Windows 10 prompt ads. This is to inform you that service for Windows 7 will end soon. So, I suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 with lots of features. However, if you want to stop the ads prompt try the
    below method and check if it helps.

If you want to cancel the installation and remove the prompt to Update

You can remove the Windows 10 technical preview update by uninstalling the
    KB2990214 from Windows Update.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps below to uninstall KB2990214
    from Windows Update.

• Open the start menu and search for "View installed updates".

• Search for "KB2990214" without the "". You should find an update that was installed today.

• Right click and press "Uninstall".

• Reboot and run Windows update again.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 20, 2020
  4. How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding...

Mystery app preventing Windows 10 shutdown after update.

After much searching, and trying many, many suggestions, this is what eventually worked for me:-

Run Windows System File Checker
    Your Windows PC comes with an in-built system file checker utility program. It can scan your system files and let you know if there is some corruption over there for which you get smashed
    with the error message “Task Host Window Preventing Shutdown”. You must follow these simple steps here to run the Windows System File Checker,

• Press the Windows Logo Key + X from your PC
    • From the drop-down list select the Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Click on Yes if prompted for permission. It will open the elevated command prompt on your system
    • Now, type in the following command and press the enter button
    • sfc /scannow
    • Then, wait until the System File Checker continues the process of scanning. Press Y if the program asks for permission to apply the fixes for your missing system files
    • Finally, Restart your PC once again and check if you can get over the problem there
    I found the above on a list of several suggestions, which are on the following link, but the above was what removed the problem for me.

This App is Preventing Shutdown in Windows 10 [SOLVED]

GavinGillespie, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding...

1. How do I stop some mystery perpetual download that prevents me from uninstalling or adding... - Similar Threads - stop mystery perpetual

2. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  3. How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent a game from automatically downloading?: Windows keeps downloading a game I repeatedly uninstall. I have removed the Microsoft Store from my computer and it still shows up every day. How to I prevent this?...
  4. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  5. How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it.: How do I stop Microsoft editor browser from asking me to download it. MICROSOFT WON'T STOP ASKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-microsoft-editor-browser-from-asking/15d36a25-3595-4622-9312-6057dcd8397e
  6. Mystery device randomly uninstalling and reinstalling...how do I ID it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery device randomly uninstalling and reinstalling...how do I ID it?: I have a device on my system that uninstalls and reinstalls very randomly. I hear the notification noise, like when you pull a USB device out and plug it back in. I created an event viewer log for USB devices, but I don't think it is related to USB devices. I am not sure what...
  7. Mystery device randomly uninstalling and reinstalling...how do I ID it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery device randomly uninstalling and reinstalling...how do I ID it?: I have a device on my system that uninstalls and reinstalls very randomly. I hear the notification noise, like when you pull a USB device out and plug it back in. I created an event viewer log for USB devices, but I don't think it is related to USB devices. I am not sure what...
  8. How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I prevent windows from serving me ads?: I need to prevent this from happening: https://i.imgur.com/vnxM3pk.png When I or other users press the windows key and start typing, I'm shown this advertisement for a service I do not want. Is there a way to prevent this? Thanks for the help - Ben...
  9. How prevent from ads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How prevent from ads: Hello: My win10 installed build-in DEFEND, but every day there are ADS intrude in my PC。 How annoying! Anyway to prevent them out ? -- Zhao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-prevent-from-ads/a2b2e712-55a9-4113-88ac-58e70a7a9e43
  10. How do I stop update from downloading

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I stop update from downloading: It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111