Windows 10: How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

Discus and support How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My system is W10, IE11 and Outlook 2016 - Recently I was looking at various email settings and somehow have managed to alter one of them so that now,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nosmas, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Nosmas Win User

How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

My system is W10, IE11 and Outlook 2016 - Recently I was looking at various email settings and somehow have managed to alter one of them so that now, spam emails have the subject prefixed with [-SPAM-] but they still appear in my Inbox instead of being diverted to the junk folder. Trouble is I cannot remember how to get to whichever setting I changed so any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Nosmas, Apr 11, 2019

2. Outlook 2016 Spam Email

I accidentally marked an email as spam and it got moved into my spam folder. I have tried moving it back into my inbox but when Outlook syncs, the mail moves back to my spam folder. I have tried creating a rule to move it back into my inbox, added the email address into my safe senders list and also tried rebuilding my outlook profile but I still get the same result. Any ideas as to how this can be fixed?

TeNaJ Systems, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Looking for email anti-spam similar to Qurb described below.

The Qurb software does not work on Windows 10. What I liked about it was that it put the suspected spam emails in a quarantined section of my inbox so I could look at them later and decide if they were really spam. Any suggestions for a program that works like this?

SueJohnson, Apr 11, 2019
  4. How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

1. How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox? - Similar Threads - stop spam emails

2. I cant delete emails in my inbox

in Browsers and Email
    I cant delete emails in my inbox: I'm using windows 10 and I cant delete emails in my inbox? Any suggestions 134301
  3. I cant delete emails in my inbox

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant delete emails in my inbox: I'm using windows 10 and I cant delete emails in my inbox? Any suggestions 134301
  4. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...
  5. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...
  6. email spam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    email spam: I am receiving about 40 emails a day from a company that seems to be a marketing agent for many other companies , over the weekend I received 69 ------the emails are advertisements for many well know companies such as terminix , adt ,quicken , etc------------------I never...
  7. EMAIL, INBOX

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EMAIL, INBOX: After opening my inbox and reading the messages, moments later the messages will just disappear. did not delete them. I have windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-inbox/c5d2d480-0216-4783-8357-7767321559f6
  8. How can a spam email have my email address but not come from me?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can a spam email have my email address but not come from me?: I have received several emails, stating from my email address, but is spam and not sent by me. I have checked my security settings and log on. I have not been hacked, as far as I can tell. But when I attempted to block the email that "came " me I was told I could not block my...
  9. Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails: I just received an email stating that my email account has been changed. It won't let me copy and paste the senders address, but it looks pretty nasty....
  10. Where does spam email come from?

in Browsers and Email
    Where does spam email come from?: I actually don't check my spam folder (Gmail) very often, I sometimes forget about it. I looked inside tonight and I cannot believe the amount of websites that know my name and my email address. Where and how are these spam sites obtaining my personal details. Maybe I need...