Windows 10: How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

Discus and support How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My system is W10, IE11 and Outlook 2016 - Recently I was looking at various email settings and somehow have managed to alter one of them so that now,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nosmas, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Nosmas Win User

How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

My system is W10, IE11 and Outlook 2016 - Recently I was looking at various email settings and somehow have managed to alter one of them so that now, spam emails have the subject prefixed with [-SPAM-] but they still appear in my Inbox instead of being diverted to the junk folder. Trouble is I cannot remember how to get to whichever setting I changed so any help greatly appreciated.

:)

Nosmas, Apr 11, 2019

2. Outlook 2016 Spam Email

I accidentally marked an email as spam and it got moved into my spam folder. I have tried moving it back into my inbox but when Outlook syncs, the mail moves back to my spam folder. I have tried creating a rule to move it back into my inbox, added the email address into my safe senders list and also tried rebuilding my outlook profile but I still get the same result. Any ideas as to how this can be fixed?

TeNaJ Systems, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Looking for email anti-spam similar to Qurb described below.

The Qurb software does not work on Windows 10. What I liked about it was that it put the suspected spam emails in a quarantined section of my inbox so I could look at them later and decide if they were really spam. Any suggestions for a program that works like this?

SueJohnson, Apr 11, 2019
  4. How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

Spam Emails for pop3

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

• Which email address is configured in the Mail app?

If you have Outlook.com configured then you may refer to the suggestions provided by “Dhenz S” from this thread to check if that helps.

How to block spam emails in Outlook.com?

You need to look at the “View installed Updates” screen to see the list of recently installed updates.

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox?

1. How do I stop spam emails coming into my inbox? - Similar Threads - stop spam emails

2. How can I get rid of hundreds of email spam / philshing to my inbox?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I get rid of hundreds of email spam / philshing to my inbox?: I am now getting 100s of spam email into my inbox daily. This began about two weeks ago and makes my personal outlook unmanageable. What can I do to stop them?I have tried blocking sender and reporting spam as phishing but they seems to be coming from different email...
  3. How can I get rid of hundreds of email spam / philshing to my inbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of hundreds of email spam / philshing to my inbox?: I am now getting 100s of spam email into my inbox daily. This began about two weeks ago and makes my personal outlook unmanageable. What can I do to stop them?I have tried blocking sender and reporting spam as phishing but they seems to be coming from different email...
  4. How can I get rid of hundreds of email spam / philshing to my inbox?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how do I adjust my email inbox size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I adjust my email inbox size: how do I adjust my email inbox size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-adjust-my-email-inbox-size/74b0857b-6975-4f65-bb4a-243c7584a557
  6. how do I adjust my email inbox size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I adjust my email inbox size: how do I adjust my email inbox size https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-adjust-my-email-inbox-size/74b0857b-6975-4f65-bb4a-243c7584a557
  7. Spam mail keeps coming to inbox

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spam mail keeps coming to inbox: Having used Windows Live Mail, when I would mark an email - "Send to blocked senders list" it would go to junk. If it came again, it would automatically go to Junk. Now using Mail for Windows 10 or Windows Mail since Microsoft corrupted my email with the last update for W -...
  8. How can I stop my inbox emails being removed .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I stop my inbox emails being removed .: As soon as I have opened an email and read the same, that email is removed. Due to this clearing of my inbox, I have lost details regarding my orders that have been stored in the inbox. Is it possible to return to the old inbox system whereas I control the removal of the...
  9. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Browsers and Email
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...
  10. Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Do Some Emails From ZDNet Newsletter Go To Spam and Not Inbox?: I was looking through the spam folder in Gmail and was wondering why some emails from ZDNet Newsletter which I am subscribed to go to the Inbox and remain there while others are relegated to the spam folder. I also noticed some emails from CNET Insider...