Windows 10: How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens?

Discus and support How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, if you drag a window from one monitor to the other, the cursor will stop at the edge of the screen area, and you have to hit the edge obnoxiously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chop1n, Mar 22, 2021.

1. /u/Chop1n Win User

How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens?

So, if you drag a window from one monitor to the other, the cursor will stop at the edge of the screen area, and you have to hit the edge obnoxiously hard to get it to go through. Does anybody know of any kind of registry tweak I can use to disable this? Google Fu has failed me.

submitted by /u/Chop1n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chop1n, Mar 22, 2021
  2. m18xr2 Win User

software that allow cursor to drag across screen in straight line.

as title suggests, I need a software that can assist me dragging mouse across a straight line across the screen at any given height value Y, perfectly horizontal line. (also if it has vertical will be great too).

something along the lines of forcing mouse cursor to stay at minimum height on screen will work too until I alt+f4 the software.

please help.

m18xr2, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How can I drag a screen display onto an adjoining satellite monitor?

Hi Stewart,

In order for us to assist you dragging a screen to your satellite monitor, you can follow these steps:

• Move the cursor off each of the four screen edges to see if one of them works.
    • If it does, position the monitors in the Display > Screen Resolution window
      to match the physical placement of the monitors.
    In the event that the previous steps failed to work, you can try these:

• In the display settings just swap the
      Display1 and Display2 Monitors.
    • Drag the Monitor1 display icon and
      drop it on Monitor2 display icon, this would give you the correct alignment of screens.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens?

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens? - Similar Threads - stop cursor getting

2. Drag & Drop files between drives defaults to Copy, but not with OneDrive. How do I get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag & Drop files between drives defaults to Copy, but not with OneDrive. How do I get it...: If I drag & drop between drives the default is always Copy, but if the destination drive drop target is OneDrive it defaults to Move.a Why does OneDrive behave differently than any other drive for such a basic behavior?b How can I get OneDrive to behave like any other drive...
  3. Drag & Drop files between drives defaults to Copy, but not with OneDrive. How do I get it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & Drop files between drives defaults to Copy, but not with OneDrive. How do I get it...: If I drag & drop between drives the default is always Copy, but if the destination drive drop target is OneDrive it defaults to Move.a Why does OneDrive behave differently than any other drive for such a basic behavior?b How can I get OneDrive to behave like any other drive...
  4. Drag & Drop files between drives defaults to Copy, but not with OneDrive. How do I get it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  6. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  7. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

8. How can I stop mouse cursor from switching screen?

How can I stop mouse cursor from switching screen?: I use a triple monitor setup with my SP7. I do most of my work on my two 2 external monitors, but I take notes using my Surface Pen on my SP7 screen. What's annoying is that I constantly have to drag the mouse from one end of my mouse pad to the other to continue the work I...
  9. how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.

how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.: I can't stop the window that drops down FROM THE TOP OF THE SCREEN not the task bar when I drag down. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-window-dropping-down-from-the/0f53b37c-0330-42f8-ae89-f30c6ef648c1
  10. In Windows 10, how do I stop the window I'm dragging from one screen to the next to become...

In Windows 10, how do I stop the window I'm dragging from one screen to the next to become...: Since the company upgraded our computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I now have a problem whereby the window I'm dragging from one screen to the other changes immediately to full screen. THIS IS A BIG PAIN IN THE RUMP. Please someone give me a cure for this in Windows 10....