Windows 10: How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

Discus and support How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by teaandcatlover, Feb 20, 2023.

1. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have access, but what if I want to make my files that are on the other drives besides the Local Disk, I mean not show up to them / make them not accessible to anyone else? I tried the ''remove access'' features in file explorer, but it only showed myself as an option, so maybe there's a setting I could switch? Either way, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

teaandcatlover, Feb 20, 2023

2. File Explorer-Share

Hello sls100

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate that you've taken the time to post your concern here in Microsoft Community Forum.

I understand that you have an issue in sharing your file explorer files. Let's work together and find the best fix for the issue.

Allow me to ask the following:

• What type of Windows license are you using? (Windows Home, Pro or Enterprise)
    • What are the steps you have taken so far?
    Here are the steps that you follow:

Method A. Restart the PC

Method B. Enable Sharing via Control Panel

• Go to Search type Control Panel
    • Select the Network and Sharing
    • Click on Change advanced sharing settings
    • Under the private, make sure to turn on file and printer sharing
    With respect,

M365 Forum Moderator

Jason Guer, Feb 20, 2023
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 20, 2023
  4. bishop40k Win User

How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

Microsoft to release File Sharing program

Avalanche as it is code-named will be Microsoft's own file-sharing application.

Microsoft unveiled the program at an open house at Cambridge Univeristy in the UK. The project is the company's own take on popular p2p services such as BitTorrent.

While MS's is using a different backend than BitTorrent, they are both used for essentially the same purpose-- the distribute large files between multiple users.

A spokesman for Microsoft said, however, there will be no naughtiness in Avalanche: "It includes strong security to ensure content providers are uniquely identifiable and to prevent unauthorised parties from offering content for download"

Full story can be read here

bishop40k, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

1. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft... - Similar Threads - stop files file

2. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...: As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have access, but what if I want to make my files that are on the other drives besides the Local Disk, I mean not show up to them /...
  3. How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the files in file explorer from being shared across the other Microsoft...: As an administrator, there are two other people without admin permissions added to the Microsoft family. Their files aren't shown to me, nor do I have access, but what if I want to make my files that are on the other drives besides the Local Disk, I mean not show up to them /...
  4. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?: It is continually annoying to have my files shown in grouped by age into subfolders of files from Today, then LastWeek's files, then files from EarlierThisMonth, then LastMonth,'s files, then files from ALongTimeAgo.These age groups make it darn near impossible for me to work...
  5. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?: It is continually annoying to have my files shown in grouped by age into subfolders of files from Today, then LastWeek's files, then files from EarlierThisMonth, then LastMonth,'s files, then files from ALongTimeAgo.These age groups make it darn near impossible for me to work...
  6. How do I stop file explorer from grouping files by age?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I share files that aren't bought from the Microsoft store across 2 different accounts.

How do I share files that aren't bought from the Microsoft store across 2 different accounts.: I asked this question before but I wasn't specific. The files I want to share were not bought off the Microsoft store. The only share option I see only gets a link for the file. I don't want to download everything twice....
  8. Can't stop my files being shared across the network.

Can't stop my files being shared across the network.: All of the files in Users folder in my computer are being shared across my home network. I tried to stop them being shared by right clicking on the file>share with > stop sharing. Then a new window opens telling "stop file share" and "this would take few minutes". There was a...
  9. How to stop files being shared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop files being shared?: I recently gave my younger sister my old school laptop that I will not need anymore. When I was setting the device up, I did sign in to my microsoft account. She told me that some of the files I was downloading on my other laptop that I got started popping up on her desktop....
  10. Share files across machines

Share files across machines: Again - if there is a good resource please point me to it - We have three computers, a main one and two laptops. We want store all the data on the main one. Without using OneDrive (since it seems to crash too often) - How can I have a laptop access the main computer hard...