Windows 10: How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode.

Discus and support How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I wake the computer the network connection is broken and I have to click disconnect and then connect again. Why doesn't the adapter log back on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Airbusdriver, Aug 28, 2020.

1. How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode.

when I wake the computer the network connection is broken and I have to click disconnect and then connect again. Why doesn't the adapter log back on my network automatically?

:)

Airbusdriver, Aug 28, 2020

2. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 28, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Connect and Disconnect internet

I just need to click the network icon in notification area, select my WiFi network and click Connect / Disconnect:

How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode. [​IMG]

Selecting Connect automatically I don't have to enter the network security key manually:

How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode. [​IMG]

4. Nick89 Win User

How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode.

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode.

1. How do I stop the internet connection from disconnecting in sleep mode. - Similar Threads - stop internet connection

2. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  3. How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop computer to stop losing Internet connection>: After KB5029263 update, system loses internet connection and requires a reboot to get Internet connection back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-computer-to-stop-losing-internet/d5f30861-b6f3-46db-bd90-4dcbcce5b7f0
  4. How do I wake W10 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I wake W10 from sleep mode: Hi, anyone know how to wake W10 frm sleep mode. Used to work til I got new updates/chips/bios etc. Now nothing seems to wake it & it turns off when I press the power button. Has anyone had the same problem.? thks...
  5. Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnects from Internet in sleep mode: I am running Win 10 Home Version 2004. Recently I have started to have a problem - when the computer goes into sleep mode it disconnects from the Internet. When I go to "Settings" the icons tell me that I am connected to the Internet via Spectrum and that my WiFi network is...
  6. How to disconnect from the internet?

How to disconnect from the internet?: How can I disconnect the internet without turning off the computer? [Original Title: Internet] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disconnect-from-the-internet/b3b1c37d-60be-42cf-89e0-f5a25478154c
  7. computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode

computer disconnects from wifi in sleep mode: my laptop disconnects from the wi fi in sleep mode, I turned off powersave. still disconnects. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-disconnects-from-wifi-in-sleep-mode/9a44da1f-d8c6-4b74-90f0-5c7e2aacf041
  8. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710
  9. Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode

Wi-Fi disconnects from internet after resuming from Sleep Mode: Howdy folks, Google gives me the impression this is not an uncommon issue. * I've tried the suggestion of deselecting the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option. That's not working for me. I'm looking for a way to troubleshoot and fix this issue. *...
  10. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie: When my desktop computer goes into sleep mode (hybrid) it disconnects my Ethernet connection to the internet. Upon waking up the computer it will take 15 to 20 seconds for the computer to automatically reconnect my Ethernet connection. I've gone into "Network Adapters" in...