Windows 10: How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

Discus and support How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hey so I've had this problem and somehow solved it before, but a week or two ago the pop-ups started appearing on both my devices again like the plague... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by neonapollo, Oct 30, 2018.

1. How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

Hey so I've had this problem and somehow solved it before, but a week or two ago the pop-ups started appearing on both my devices again like the plague and won't go away, I read a few other questions about this issue and tried completely removing myself from the family I was in but that didn't help, my devices still show me in the family even though when I go to the Microsoft family website it shows that I am not in a family.

Basically I just want a way to remove the spam pop-ups because they are a massive annoyance.

Thanks for any replies, here's a pic of the pop-up:

How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam? fd79c4a1-fa93-41c7-aadf-2a75f876cacb?upload=true.png

:)

neonapollo, Oct 30, 2018

2. How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is required to Turn OFF Family settings in your Windows PC to stop the Microsoft Family Features pop up.

You may refer this article on how to
    remove the members from the Microsoft Family, restart the device and check if you are getting the pop up again.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 31, 2018
  3. How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

Hey so I've had this problem and somehow solved it before, but a week or two ago the pop-ups started appearing on both my devices again like the plague and won't go away, I read a few other questions about this issue and tried completely removing myself
    from the family I was in but that didn't help, my devices still show me in the family even though when I go to the Microsoft family website it shows that I am not in a family.

Basically I just want a way to remove the spam pop-ups because they are a massive annoyance.

Thanks for any replies, here's a pic of the pop-up:

How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam? fd79c4a1-fa93-41c7-aadf-2a75f876cacb?upload=true.png

neonapollo, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

Microsoft Family Features

Hello Laura,

To disable family features and turn off family settings on Windows 10, I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in these support articles:

Make sure you're signed in with your Microsoft account to
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . For more information about troubleshooting issues with family features, please see this
    forum article
    created by Daniel Strommen [MSFT].

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam?

1. How do I stop the Microsoft family features pop-up spam? - Similar Threads - stop Microsoft family

2. How do I turn off microsoft family features?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I turn off microsoft family features?: Please help, I'm going insane. Ever since I added myself to a family group to fix my DOB, (i accidentally set my DOB to 2014) family features blocks my access to Itunes, inprivate browsing on edge and google chrome. And when I removed myself from the group, the problem...
  3. Microsoft family features - being spammed by popups telling me to sign in

Microsoft family features - being spammed by popups telling me to sign in: Hello, Recently, I have been getting a popup from Microsoft Family Features telling me to sign in. It has been spamming me with it every couple minutes. Any fixes? I have tried ending the "Family Safety Monitor" task via the Task Manager but that does not work. When I do...
  4. Family Features Popping up Constantly

Family Features Popping up Constantly: Hello, I'm currently running Windows 10, and I have a rather persistent problem. [ATTACH] Every thirty minutes to an hour, this popup will open on my PC. I can close it, and I can click Sign in, but closing it just makes it open later. Clicking Sign in leads to a...
  5. Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!: How do WE stop these pop ups by Mc Afee!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-pop-ups-how-do-i-stop-these/9154499a-e6b3-4885-a40a-1ff68ef34d7f
  6. Microsoft Family Features

Microsoft Family Features: Whenever I try to access anything on my Desktop, it gives me the "ask permission" prompt and I'm no longer in a Microsoft Family, so I would assume it did not do that. I have no idea what to do......
  7. How to disable microsoft family features?

How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  8. How to disable microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable microsoft family features?: Whenever i'm doing something important to me, like playing games with my friends or doing important work, Microsoft family features decides it's the perfect time to show up saying that i need to "Sign in so you don't miss out." It's beginning to annoy me and i want to disable...
  9. How to stop Microsoft pop up?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Microsoft pop up?: Hi! I am trying to figure out how to stop a pop up that keeps showing up on my laptop almost everytime I log on. It is a full screen stating "Important updates needed!"... After Oct. 10, 2017, Microsoft will no longer support my version of Windows 10 & my PC won't receive...
  10. Microsoft Family Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Features: When I try to open Google Chrome I get the following window. Not sure why I am getting this, I am to my knowledge the only user of the account and I am administrator. When I searched IE for answers I found that if I go to Control Panel, System and Security>Allow an app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft family features disable popup

2. how to stop microsoft family features pop up

3. microsoft family features pop up

4. microsoft family features disable,
  5. microsoft family features keeps popping up,
  6. family features pop up wont go away,
  7. microsoft family features pop up disable,
  8. family features popup,
  9. microsoft family features popup,
  10. microsoft family feastures pop up,
  11. microsoft family pop up,