Windows 10: How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer?

Discus and support How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The "Photos" app with Windows 10 on this computer has frequently installed thousands of images in the "Photos" app. How do I stop that? How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by edokie, Jan 12, 2021.

1. edokie Win User

How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer?

The "Photos" app with Windows 10 on this computer has frequently installed thousands of images in the "Photos" app. How do I stop that? How can I uninstall all the images on any single date? Can this problem be fixed, or is it better to uninstall the app?

:)

edokie, Jan 12, 2021

2. Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app

For some reason, thousands of random images have appeared in my Windows 10 photo app that came installed on my HP computer. The computer is three years old but images have started popping up recently. HP Friend subscription service tells me its a Microsoft
    synching error and there is no way to stop it!! Any suggestions?

DebbiePeterson1, Jan 12, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 12, 2021
  4. How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer?

Windows 10 photo app displays hundreds if not thousands of icons, not just photos

Hello,

As you are facing issues with deleting the photos within the photos app, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know what exactly happens when you try to delete the photos in File Explorer?

If the issue persists with Photos app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to check if there are any updates for photos app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app and check with the status of this issue.

Refer:
    Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the photos on Photos app for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer?

1. How do I stop the "Photos" app from installing thousands of images on this computer? - Similar Threads - stop Photos app

2. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  3. How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the Photos app to stop overriding Photos Legacy?: I'm using Win10. A few days ago I opened my Photos app now called Photos Legacy, to find that the new app had taken over what I had, with not warning. I dislike the new app intensely -- way too complicated for editing photos from a phone. I can't even sharpen an image. So I...
  4. how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos: how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos I am new to PHOTOS and find it the most unusable APP ever produced. When I work on a video project it is a one time deal and I do not want it stored on my PC. I work on a project on a usb stick from start to finish then store...
  5. how to abolish an image from photos app tile

how to abolish an image from photos app tile: which I have set as app tile previously and now I want to remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-abolish-an-image-from-photos-app-tile/10992e69-4be0-49ff-85f9-ad872cbe84fc
  6. How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?

How can I stop the Photo app from duplicating my photos?: The Windows 10 Photos app keeps duplicating my photos. I want to stop it. It is making up to seven copies! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-the-photo-app-from-duplicating-my/7d7202e4-6d53-43e3-bb32-080729705723
  7. how do i stop photos from downloading images from my mobile using w10

how do i stop photos from downloading images from my mobile using w10: how do i stop photos from downloading images from my mobile using w10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-photos-from-downloading-images-from/af9b158c-a1cb-4532-bf3c-d24380d7e30a
  8. How to move thousands photos to Photo app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move thousands photos to Photo app?: I have thousand photos on my computer. They are located in about 46 folders. I want to move all these photos and folder to the photo app but it will take too long to move them one by one. Is there any chance to do it fast?...
  9. Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app

Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app: For some reason, thousands of random images have appeared in my Windows 10 photo app that came installed on my HP computer. The computer is three years old but images have started popping up recently. HP Friend subscription service tells me its a Microsoft synching error...
  10. How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?

How do I crop images at the middle with Photos app?: Can anyone tell me how to crop images at the middle with Photos app like it is possible with Paint? I can only crop images using the Photos app but only in each side of the image, not at the center. 94759