Windows 10: How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back?

Discus and support How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I've got a mouse which the side buttons are set to 'mouse 5' and 'mouse 4'. They should have zero function other than what I bind to them. But for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cjnewson88, Oct 20, 2020.

1. How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back?

So I've got a mouse which the side buttons are set to 'mouse 5' and 'mouse 4'. They should have zero function other than what I bind to them. But for some reason if I am on a website or in windows explorer, pressing these side buttons will go back or forward through the pages.

How can I disable this feature, whilst not disabling the buttons?

Thanks

submitted by /u/cjnewson88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cjnewson88, Oct 20, 2020

2. Side button on G502 stopped working

Hello,

I've been using my G502 mouse for a long time , and it's great, recently however my side button (the "forward" button) has stopped working.

I use this button alot when browsing and I don't know why but it no longer does it's function so I'm asking if anyone might be able to help me in this. I installed Logitech Gaming Software to check if maybe the button is unbinded but everything is normal. I also unplugged/plugged my mouse to see if it works and also restarting my PC, however still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions , I really like this mouse and would love to fix any problem it has.

Thanks in forward.

gamingmonkey, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Mouse back&forward buttons swapped

I picked up a cheap mouse during my time in China this summer for like $5. What drew me to it was the brand and the shape; it was a Sony-branded Razer DeathAdder replica. While I knew that was all bullshit and that there wouldn't be a quality sensor or superb craftsmanship, I thought my folks would enjoy the ergonomic shape over their current Wheel Mouse Optical.

Anyway, I was testing it out today and lo and behold, the damn side buttons are switched. The back button takes me forward and vice versa. I can't change it in Windows' mouse properties as it's not a Microsoft mouse, and the mouse didn't come with software.

Is there a registry tweak to fix this?

Kantastic, Oct 20, 2020
  4. How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back?

right mouse button

Hi Rob,

In order for us to better assist you with your issue on right mouse button, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates or changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried to update your Windows 10 to its latest version?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back?

1. How do I stop the side buttons on my mouse from making my windows go forward and back? - Similar Threads - stop side buttons

2. How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from going to sleep?: Help, my computer goes to sleep as soon as I become idle. No delay. I cannot always be typing, and I need my computer to stay on during business hours. I have tried everything, and it won't stop....
  3. Mouse Side-Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  4. Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?

Why is my mouse messing up and making my programs go back?: I'm having a problem with my mouse and system in general. It began as a problem with my mouse after I installed a windows 10 update. When I would left click and it would go back a page. Not just in my chrome browser, but also in my windows explorer, my discord, and even the...
  5. My mouse back and forward buttons open outlook rather than work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My mouse back and forward buttons open outlook rather than work properly: before it was the opera browser, and i deleted it for that reason. Now, when i press mouse 4 and 5, it opens microsoft outlook, every time. it also doesnt work on browsers. When i set it as a hotkey in game, it reads it as control, delete and a lot of buttons together. I...
  6. How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?

How do you disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers?: Hi, I would like to disable mouse button 4 going back in browsers, and other things like steam which I can only guess is built like a browser. Now to be clear I do not want to bind mouse button 4 to do something else as I would like to continue using mouse button 4 in...
  7. Upgraded to new mouse, how do I bind back and forward on chrome?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgraded to new mouse, how do I bind back and forward on chrome?: I upgraded my mouse from MX518 to G602 and now my forward and back button dont work inside chrome. How do I fix this? Mx518 only had two buttons so was set automatically. Please, Thank you. submitted by /u/thisnotitchamp [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I make my back button bigger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my back button bigger?: When I open a folder the back button is super super small. How can I make it as big as internet explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-back-button-bigger/c68c9e6b-f907-4ee3-9894-c193935ab986
  9. How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop my Windows 10 PC 64bit mouse scroll wheel from going back in browser history?...: I've updated and, YET AGAIN, the mouse scroll wheel has decided it wants to go back and forward in the browser history instead of up and down the page. WHAT IS GOING ON MICROSOFT? EVERY TIME I UPGRADE!!! PLEASE let me know how I can stop this happening? Cheers Dave...
  10. Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update

Forward/Back buttons on mouse got remapped on Windows update: Hello, I have been using a J Tech Digital V628P mouse with my windows laptop for some time. Recently, without any action on my part, the functionality tied to the forward/back buttons changed. Now, the forward button launches the calculator (no matter which program is...