Windows 10: how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

Discus and support how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I stop the start menu from automatically expanding?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jessejamesnyc, Mar 7, 2020.

1. how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

how do I stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

:)

jessejamesnyc, Mar 7, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 7, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 7, 2020
  4. how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

Is it possible to make the Start Menu in Windows 10 the Expanded one by default?

What you called background "list" is actually the list of applications in your first screenshot, so it is not empty as you said, it's just hidden behind the expanded menu. There is no setting in Windows 10 to make the expanded menu as default, but there is a setting for the list of applications. If you don't want to see it, follow there steps:

• Go to Settings > Personalization > Start
    • Disable Show app list in Start menu

Racil Hilan, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding?

1. how do i stop the start menu from automatically expanding? - Similar Threads - stop start menu

2. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?: Upon opening my Start menu and attempting to open the Settings, my computer is now stuck permanently on the Start menu. Clicking does nothing, and none of the apps on my taskbar work. The menu acts as a wall, shielding any folders I open and any right click menus from my...
  3. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?: Upon opening my Start menu and attempting to open the Settings, my computer is now stuck permanently on the Start menu. Clicking does nothing, and none of the apps on my taskbar work. The menu acts as a wall, shielding any folders I open and any right click menus from my...
  4. How do I stop the Start Menu from blocking my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I disable the start menu "auto expand" feature in 1909?

How do I disable the start menu "auto expand" feature in 1909?: The has to be a way to disable this new "feature". It drives me nuts! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-start-menu-auto-expand/d520fff3-b370-4763-a8e1-ff522038db02
  6. How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you stop the left part of the start menu automatically expanding when you hover over...: If I hover over the Settings icon, for example, it expands the left column to display the word "Settings" next to the icon. I don't need/want this functionality, but I can't see how to turn it off. Is there a way? Thanks. submitted by /u/SigmaTheDJ [link] [comments]...
  7. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510
  8. How to enable start menu auto-expand?

How to enable start menu auto-expand?: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/11/15/windows-10-19h1-to-change-start-menus-navigation-pane-behaviour/ thanx in advance!...
  9. How do I stop Skype from starting automatically on windows 10?

How do I stop Skype from starting automatically on windows 10?: How do I stop Skype from starting automatically on windows 10? I have gone into Settings, but no choices. I looked in Startup and it does not show up....
  10. How to expand/contract start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to expand/contract start menu: Hi all. I was able to expand/contract the width and height of the statmenu. Now only height is expandable. I do NOT want full screen. The expand arrows show when I put cursor on right edge but am not able to "pull" edge to right to expand the size. Did the recent "major...