Windows 10: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

Discus and support how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MitchTB, Jun 3, 2023.

1. MitchTB Win User

how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

:)

MitchTB, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Dev997 Win User

Stop upgrade to Windows 11

devkuar

Dev997, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Stop upgrade to Windows 11

I upgraded to Windows 11 and reverted back to Windows 10. Now Windows 10 automatically attempts to download and install Windows 11 again. See below:

how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 b7ccd651-c5ed-469c-b0bf-3411cc791072?upload=true.png

I can Pause Updates but doing so doesn't allow me to update Windows 10 "patches." I'm being forced to Upgrade to Windows 11 without the ability to stop it.

I want to cancel the Upgrade to Windows 11 (download/installation) process which initiated on its own without my consent. The current status is how it shows in the image above - ready to download and then install Windows 11 but there is no way to stop it.

What I want:

• Windows 10 to stop Upgrade to Windows 11 process
    • Ability to update Windows 10 without it upgrading/installing to Windows 11
    • Windows 10 with the ability to update patches

Brettman70s, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Maromer Win User

Stop windows 11 upgrade

How do I stop microsoft for up grading to Window 11?? I don't want it. We are force to do this and it is not right.

The only department who is willing to helps is the sales dept. This is a microsoft issue, stop with the Windows 11 upgrades.

Maromer, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

1. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 - Similar Threads - stop system trying

2. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  3. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  4. Windows 11 will not update HOW DO I STOP IT FROM TRYING?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not update HOW DO I STOP IT FROM TRYING?: I have multiple sites and emails for each site, a school account, and personal accounts. Windows 11 will not update on my laptop. I want to change the download location but cannot stop the process without going into the system settings. The pause isn;t working. I can't get my...
  5. Windows 11 will not update HOW DO I STOP IT FROM TRYING?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not update HOW DO I STOP IT FROM TRYING?: I have multiple sites and emails for each site, a school account, and personal accounts. Windows 11 will not update on my laptop. I want to change the download location but cannot stop the process without going into the system settings. The pause isn;t working. I can't get my...
  6. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  7. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11: I opened the Windows Update page on my Windows 10 and I cheched for updates like I usually do but it started downloading Windows 11 automaticly and doesn't let me cancel it.I pressed suspend button and resumed the updates and its still downloading the upgrade files.I can't...
  8. Microsoft is forcing me to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  10. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?: Hi guys, I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one on my old PC - which ran Windows 10 20H2 as well. What do I have to do to make Windows stop showing me "reminder" messages...