Windows 10: How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

Discus and support How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I plug my headphones in, I get this prompt asking me which device I plugged in and I have to click on "OK" everytime. It's super annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/throwie-47, Jun 27, 2020.

1. How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

Every time I plug my headphones in, I get this prompt asking me which device I plugged in and I have to click on "OK" everytime. It's super annoying and sometimes I misclick, causing the notification to go away and me having to re-plug the headphones.

How do I make it remember that I only plug in headphones? I've tried googling but none of the guides worked.

submitted by /u/throwie-47
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/throwie-47, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Syvonar Win User

How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

I've recently purchased a new laptop and every time I plug in the headphones it annoys me with "Which Device Did You Plug In?" prompt.

Today was the day I had enough of it and I decided to try and fix it, but after 3 hours straight of seeing old posts with outdated windows versions just did not help.

I finally found a solution myself, but I'm also seeing another person with the same issue, without a much outdated version of Windows.

I wanted to reply to him that I've found a solution, but the thread is locked??? Why would a thread be locked? That just doesn't make sense.

So I looked into his profile to see if I can direct message him, guess what, I can't.

So there is no way that I can tell another user that I have found a solution to a problem on Windows? That's just bs.

Here is this user's thread:

How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

What could I do to get Microsoft to unlock it? Or how do I let the user know my solution to this problem?

Syvonar, Jun 27, 2020
  3. "What did you just plug in?" prompt not appearing

I have been trying to use headphones on my laptop. They haven't been working and I believe this is because the "what did you just plug in?" prompt is not appearing when I plug them into the audio jack. How do I get this prompt back? I am using Windows

ChrisM_9000, Jun 27, 2020
  4. How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

Which Device Did You Plug In?

I'm trying to talk to my friend on discord but my microphone isn't working. It works on all of my other devices.

I think it's because of the 'Which Device Did You Plug In' prompt. I've selected headphones, but there is 3 other options I could of picked. Although I'm not sure if this is the problem anyway.

It doesn't appear in my input devices choice either, and I've tried to run troubleshoots but they haven't worked.

My headphones are Sony MDR-XB450.

arson.arachne, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my...

1. How do I stop the "which device did you just plug in?" prompts everytime I plug my... - Similar Threads - stop device did

2. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  3. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.: Whenever I plug in my earphones into my computer, I don't get the pop-up "Which device did you plug in?" When I checked my audio device on "Hardware and Sound" It said it was not plugged in?...
  4. "Which device did you plug in" not popping up when I plug in my device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  6. RealTek "which device did you plug in?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RealTek "which device did you plug in?": whenever i plug in my headset it asks this question which is fine, but the problem is that i am using a headset that has a mic. Basically i have to pick between being able to talk to people without me hearing them or me being able to hear them but they cant hear me. there...
  7. How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable "Which device did you plug in?" Prompt.: I've read a lot of queries asking how to disable the obnoxious prompt and have figured out a method of doing so without control panel. This is done on Windows 10. Go to the settings application by pressing the windows key or clicking the windows icon at the bottom left...
  8. How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread

How to disable "Which Device Did You Plug In?" Prompt thread: I've recently purchased a new laptop and every time I plug in the headphones it annoys me with "Which Device Did You Plug In?" prompt. Today was the day I had enough of it and I decided to try and fix it, but after 3 hours straight of seeing old posts with outdated windows...
  9. How to disable "which device did you plug in?"

How to disable "which device did you plug in?": This thing pops up whenever I plug in my headphones. The ring tone associated with it is super obnoxious. How do I get it to remember the choice and stop asking? [ATTACH] Clicking the clock thing in the upper left corner doesn't give me any options. [ATTACH]...
  10. "What did you just plug in?" prompt not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    "What did you just plug in?" prompt not appearing: I have been trying to use headphones on my laptop. They haven't been working and I believe this is because the "what did you just plug in?" prompt is not appearing when I plug them into the audio jack. How do I get this prompt back? I am using Windows 10....