Windows 10: how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.

Discus and support how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't stop the window that drops down FROM THE TOP OF THE SCREEN not the task bar when I drag down. How do I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GregNeedham-Walker, Jun 13, 2021.

1. how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.

I can't stop the window that drops down FROM THE TOP OF THE SCREEN not the task bar when I drag down. How do I do this?

:)

GregNeedham-Walker, Jun 13, 2021

2. Drag and Drop

Hi Charles,

the steps you suggested didn't work for me but, when pressing the escape key it somehow expanded the drive and by using drag and drop to the single file in the list worked.

In the past I could drag and drop multiple folders onto the drive on the network computer(s). Doing it on individual folders will take far too long and time consuming and is not an option.

Microsoft should be able to identify what is blocking it and issue a fix.

My machine is multi boot so tomorrow I will try with Windows 7.

Many thanks for your help,

Deric

DericStain, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Win User
    drag and drop

I suggest to look at this site:

Drag and Drop not Working Fix

Regards,

4. how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.

drag and drop stopped working

drag and drop suddenly stopped working.

MattRessBF, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down.

1. how do I stop the window dropping down from the TOP OF THE SCREEN when i drag down. - Similar Threads - stop window dropping

2. Taskbar drops so far down it ends up at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar drops so far down it ends up at the top of screen: Two Issues.1. The screen will drop, causing the taskbar to disappear at bottom while a black band appears across the top of the screen. The atskbar drops even further until it reappears at thes creen top. Frustrating because the cursor has to be moved downwards off the bottom...
  3. Taskbar drops so far down it ends up at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar drops so far down it ends up at the top of screen: Two Issues.1. The screen will drop, causing the taskbar to disappear at bottom while a black band appears across the top of the screen. The atskbar drops even further until it reappears at thes creen top. Frustrating because the cursor has to be moved downwards off the bottom...
  4. Taskbar drops so far down it ends up at the top of screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  6. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?: Here is the situation...1. From Acrobat, I hit [Save as PDF File]2. A Windows Explorer window opens, I click on [Finances], and the window looks like the first image...3. I then mouse over [Taxes], but before I can click on the folder to open it, my view jumps down and...
  7. How do I stop Windows Explorer from automatically jumping down?

8. How do I shut down win11 on my lap top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I shut down win11 on my lap top: How do I shut down my lap top using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-down-win11-on-my-lap-top/a5603e9f-61f2-4d5b-a498-e6860df9f00b
  9. How do I shut down win11 on my lap top

How do I shut down win11 on my lap top: How do I shut down my lap top using win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-down-win11-on-my-lap-top/a5603e9f-61f2-4d5b-a498-e6860df9f00b
  10. How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop the cursor from getting caught when dragging a window between screens?: So, if you drag a window from one monitor to the other, the cursor will stop at the edge of the screen area, and you have to hit the edge obnoxiously hard to get it to go through. Does anybody know of any kind of registry tweak I can use to disable this? Google Fu has failed...