Windows 10: how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings?

Discus and support how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; v 1909 Pro I check the Update page DAILY in Settings to update Defender (Security), and also when Update ITSELF indicates, which is usually monthly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Airider, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Airider Win User

how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings?

v 1909 Pro

I check the Update page DAILY in Settings to update Defender (Security), and also when Update ITSELF indicates, which is usually monthly.

These notifications only started recently >

how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings? [​IMG]

how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings? [​IMG]

:)

Airider, Jun 16, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 16, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. how do I stop these annoying Update nudges at the top of Settings? - Similar Threads - stop annoying Update

2. How do I stop the annoying repeated notifications in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the annoying repeated notifications in Windows 10?: Ok, this doesn't mean I get duplicate notifications at once or one in the action center and one on the desktop. Basically what happens is several hours into the day I'll suddenly get a stream of 35 new email notifications for emails that already arrived throughout the day...
  3. How do I stop the annoying repeated notifications in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop the annoying repeated notifications in Windows 10?: Ok, this doesn't mean I get duplicate notifications at once or one in the action center and one on the desktop. Basically what happens is several hours into the day I'll suddenly get a stream of 35 new email notifications for emails that already arrived throughout the day...
  4. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?: I keep getting this popup telling me I am plugged in, how do I stop it? Screen shot with the notification. I just did a clean install of windows 10 home x86 because the computer would not start and windows could not repair the issue....
  5. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?: I keep getting this popup telling me I am plugged in, how do I stop it? Screen shot with the notification. I just did a clean install of windows 10 home x86 because the computer would not start and windows could not repair the issue....
  6. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HOW DO I REMOVE THIS THING ON THE TOP!??!! ITS SO ANNOYING (plsssss help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HOW DO I REMOVE THIS THING ON THE TOP!??!! ITS SO ANNOYING (plsssss help): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TallFig2803 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgx791/how_do_i_remove_this_thing_on_the_top_its_so/
  8. how do i nudge the display to the left

how do i nudge the display to the left: how do i nudge the display to the left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-nudge-the-display-to-the-left/14b3126e-62e8-4d42-b9a6-09c20c7ea0a6
  9. How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get this annoying bar off the top of my screen??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FishFilletYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fr8yg4/how_do_i_get_this_annoying_bar_off_the_top_of_my/
  10. How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I disable this annoying always-on-top taskbar?: Hello! So, my Taskbar for quite some time already been acting up, appearing on top on many of applications I am running. It even gets in the way of fullscreen videogames, and that is what absolutely irks me off. For example I've been playing Unreal Tournament 2004 (Steam...