Windows 10: How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon?

Discus and support How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] These popups have really been starting to get on my nerves, especially these super long ones when I'm on Google Chrome. How can I disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aiq95M, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Aiq95M Win User

How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon?

How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon? 1570e214-77a7-49b9-a48d-ec61d4220e5b?upload=true.png

These popups have really been starting to get on my nerves, especially these super long ones when I'm on Google Chrome. How can I disable them?

:)

Aiq95M, Dec 10, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Win 10 suddenly stops Task Bar Browser Icons Popup on Mouse Hover

Hi, I understand you do not see taskbar thumbnails when hovering over an active icon on the taskbar.

You could use this recommended reputable free tool to try re-enabling that - by unchecking the box of course.

How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon? [​IMG]

Also
    How to Disable Live Taskbar Thumbnail Previews in Windows 10 - Appuals.com

This also helped someone with a similar problem:
    Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Suitable search string for Google etc:
    enable taskbar thumbnail preview

dalchina, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Eddo51 Win User
    Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10

Maybe my comment was ambiguous. I want the list to show longer. When I hover on a taskbar icon, it shows the list for about 4 seconds and then stops showing. I want to show the list of open windows to show as long as I hover over the taskbar icon.

Eddo51, Dec 10, 2020
  4. rfrharbin Win User

How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon?

Right-click on Taskbar icon for Word and popup list is messed up

Sorry but I cannot think of the name of the popup list that appears when one right-clicks on a taskbar icon but when I do this on my taskbar Word icon there are some titles that have been deleted. I cannot unpin them and now have a bunch of useless/ non existing files on this list that are taking space that I would like to use..None of the other taskbar icons have this problem.

How can I fix this problem?

rfrharbin, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I stop these Taskbar popups from appearing every time I hover over an icon? - Similar Threads - stop Taskbar popups

2. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  3. lag time hovering over desktop icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag time hovering over desktop icon: when my windows 11 laptop wakes up, sometimes there is a lag time until desktop icon highlights when hovering with mouse. this occurs with either chrome or edge icon. i already ran the dism.exc three command procedue plus scanow. any ideas. i'm using a wireless mouse....
  4. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  5. There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is an Icon that appeared in my hidden icons tab and it disappears when I hover over...: What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-an-icon-that-appeared-in-my-hidden-icons/01375cd1-e38f-4371-b396-0a976ce43fcd
  6. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  7. How do i stop these from appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i stop these from appearing?: "Video tools" "Shortcut tools" "Application tools" [ATTACH] 167739
  8. How do I stop icons from appearing and flashing in the taskbar?

How do I stop icons from appearing and flashing in the taskbar?: I have a chatting application that I always keep running in a separate desktop. Every time I receive a message, the app icon appears and flashes. This annoys me, as I want to stay focused on what I am doing without constantly seeing flashing icons. Do not tell me to close the...
  9. How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop previews when hovering over a taskbar button?: . After last night's Win update, I now have version 1803. This has broken my Taskbar Tweaker. Therefore, when I hover the mouse over a button, there's now a popup preview. How can I stop the preview? Thanks. 110514
  10. How do I stop Spotify popup on taskbar

How do I stop Spotify popup on taskbar: On computer restart, a Spotify popup appears on the Windows Taskbar, even though the program is not installed on my computer. How can I stop this? 93014