Windows 10: How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?

Discus and support How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MlgSwagNoah [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MlgSwagNoah, Apr 6, 2021.

1. How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?

/u/MlgSwagNoah, Apr 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 6, 2021
  3. dgootee Win User
    Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Apr 6, 2021
  4. How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?

Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?

1. How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile? - Similar Threads - stop temporary profile

2. I got a temporary profile problem how do I fix it ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a temporary profile problem how do I fix it ?: So one day I booted up my pc and noticed that I couldn't open any apps then it got turned off on its own and the next bootup logged me into a temp profileI went to C/users only to find out that my profile has turned into an extension less 0 kb fileI have a backup of my whole...
  3. I got a temporary profile problem how do I fix it ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a temporary profile problem how do I fix it ?: So one day I booted up my pc and noticed that I couldn't open any apps then it got turned off on its own and the next bootup logged me into a temp profileI went to C/users only to find out that my profile has turned into an extension less 0 kb fileI have a backup of my whole...
  4. I got a temporary profile problem how do I fix it ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I get out of the loop?

How do I get out of the loop?: I was using my computer when it suddenly crashed which triggered the automatic repair but nothing works and I seem to be in a loop, as well It asks for my custom build if I use one of the 6 advanced options. I put in the password but it claims to be incorrect. How do I sort...
  6. How do I get this to stop?

How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  7. How do I get this to stop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this to stop?: I've been noticing for the past few months my pc has been goin on about my boot media, I go into BIOS and notice that it switches the boot manager to hard disk and it doesn't let me switch it back, I don't have the money to buy a new PC and I've looked everywhere and just can...
  8. Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?: I logged in to my laptop the other morning and logged in fine then logged into Citrix for work, clocked in then I got a box that said computer needed to re-boot. Wasn’t sure if it was my laptop or my work computer that I was logged into. So I closed that box, signed out of...
  9. How do I fix this "logged in with a temporary profile" Error on my profile.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this "logged in with a temporary profile" Error on my profile.: This had happened after I had updated the PC and logged back into my profile, it said something about syncing stuff and whatnot. How does one fix this issue? Do I have to create another account and move my files over to it or is there another way of doing this? submitted by...
  10. How do i fix the temporary profile thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i fix the temporary profile thing: I tried changing my password and logging in and out but it doesn't work. Anything helps submitted by /u/airpods12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drqf0n/how_do_i_fix_the_temporary_profile_thing/