Windows 10: how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

Discus and support how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i dont remember it doing this before. how do i make it just open on the desktop? computer is 7 days old, and has just had updates. thanks 183096 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anon125, Jul 27, 2021.

1. anon125 Win User

how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

i dont remember it doing this before. how do i make it just open on the desktop? computer is 7 days old, and has just had updates. thanks

:)

anon125, Jul 27, 2021

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 28, 2021
  4. how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

Can't stop machine waking itself from hibernation

My desktop machine keeps waking itself up from hibernation, usually during the night, despite my having taken all reasonable steps to stop it. I have:
    • disabled waking on network, mouse and RTC in BIOS setup
    • disabled wake on mouse and network in device manager (and checked with powercfg -devicequery wake_armed)
    • disabled "allow wake timers" for all power plans
    It doesn't however wake itself up from S5 (shutdown). I also tried leaving it in S3 sleep for over 24 hours and it didn't wake up, although that's not long enough to be certain that it never would.

Unfortunately my records in Event Viewer only go back a bit over a week to my upgrade to Windows 10, but I did notice a pattern in the first few days of waking at around 00:17 or 00:18 in the morning. Event Viewer suggested that this was due to mcupdate_scheduler, which was scheduled to run at 00:19, so I changed the trigger (following some instructions from Microsoft), but the next night the machine woke earlier, at 23:45. Unfortunately event viewer had no idea what caused that particular event. And today I have just run powercfg -waketimer and apparently there is a task \blah\blah\updateorchestrator\reboot which requires waking the machine just after 02:00 tomorrow morning. Clearly trying to change each individual trigger is a hopeless game of whack-a-mole which will sooner or later result in my wrecking something. How on earth can I stop my machine waking up?

ricecrispies, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up

1. how do i stop this big box appearing when it wakes up - Similar Threads - stop big box

2. How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?: How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-randomly-waking-up/ed1921f1-0430-45b2-9366-011c2209b378
  3. How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up?: How do I stop my computer from randomly waking up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-randomly-waking-up/ed1921f1-0430-45b2-9366-011c2209b378
  4. How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on: How can i remove the large black boxes on the right hand side and bottom of the screen when i switch on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-black-help-boxes-that-appear/b90cd66a-9334-4f7b-badc-d3b18ae83227
  5. How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i remove the black help boxes that appear when i switch on: How can i remove the large black boxes on the right hand side and bottom of the screen when i switch on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-the-black-help-boxes-that-appear/b90cd66a-9334-4f7b-badc-d3b18ae83227
  6. How do i stop these from appearing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i stop these from appearing?: "Video tools" "Shortcut tools" "Application tools" [ATTACH] 167739
  7. Is it possible to stop this big box from showing up when I play a video?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to stop this big box from showing up when I play a video?: [ATTACH] I've been able to stop it from showing up whenever I play a video on my browser, but now I would like to know if it is possible to do the same but when using the videos app. submitted by /u/NovaTabarca [link] [comments]...
  8. how do i stop the pop up box when i place cursor over a item

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i stop the pop up box when i place cursor over a item: if I place the cursor over say the file explorer icon a pop box appears and tell me its the file explorer. it does this repeatedly on web pages on things u hover over and is very annoying, like on this page u hover over the submit button and a pop up appears saying its the...
  9. the MCconfig box keeps popping up on the computer how do I stop it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the MCconfig box keeps popping up on the computer how do I stop it: Msconfig box keeps popping up how do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mcconfig-box-keeps-popping-up-on-the-computer/8351827b-6948-4f7b-8ffa-b864b1b688fd
  10. Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login screen appears when computer wakes up from sleep. How do I stop this?: when I wake up from sleep the log in screen appears. How do I stop it and go directly to desk top * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-appears-when-computer-wakes-up-from/57722a26-926f-4565-86d6-44d768896351