Windows 10: How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?

Discus and support How do I stop unwanted audio alerts? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I stop all audio alerts in the middle of the night? They occur randomly when I am trying to sleep. Turning off notifications does not work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethKarcher1, Feb 16, 2019.

1. How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?

How do I stop all audio alerts in the middle of the night? They occur randomly when I am trying to sleep. Turning off notifications does not work

:)

KennethKarcher1, Feb 16, 2019

2. Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?

1. How do I stop unwanted audio alerts? - Similar Threads - stop unwanted audio

2. How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?: Dear Microsoft,You didn't manage to solve the issue for the community in the last 7-8 years.Will You ever do it?Can we expect that the unsolicited behavior will change in future Windows versions?Or can You assure that the bloatware installation will continue in future...
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 installing unwanted apps automatically?: Dear Microsoft,You didn't manage to solve the issue for the community in the last 7-8 years.Will You ever do it?Can we expect that the unsolicited behavior will change in future Windows versions?Or can You assure that the bloatware installation will continue in future...
  4. How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-unwanted-pop-ups-from-pc-app-store/76980791-90e9-4fda-9efc-071986ef1723
  5. How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-unwanted-pop-ups-from-pc-app-store/76980791-90e9-4fda-9efc-071986ef1723
  6. How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store

7. How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications: Notifications setting is set OFF for all Gmail notifications yet I constantly receive one asking to all allow Gmail to open email links. I am unable to stop that notification and the Gmail support instruction steps do not make any change at all. Windows 10, 21Hi, Edge...
  8. How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications

How to stop unwanted Gmail notifications: Notifications setting is set OFF for all Gmail notifications yet I constantly receive one asking to all allow Gmail to open email links. I am unable to stop that notification and the Gmail support instruction steps do not make any change at all. Windows 10, 21Hi, Edge...
  9. unwanted audio alarm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted audio alarm: How do I stop an annoying 4 tone alarm that comes on when I plug in a second monitor that works but systems doesn't like? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-audio-alarm/f96ae0be-4aec-408b-8cb3-a3c8e70657b6
  10. How do I remove email alerts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove email alerts: How do I remove email alerts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-email-alerts/f94703ab-7f1e-427d-a7af-eb49fdc46ab4