Windows 10: How do I stop update from downloading

Discus and support How do I stop update from downloading in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing. [img] 113111 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by debgram, Jun 28, 2018.

1. debgram Win User

How do I stop update from downloading

It keeps downloading and installing and I don't want it cause it causes my start menu from displaying. I need it to stop installing.
    How do I stop update from downloading [​IMG]

:)

debgram, Jun 28, 2018
  2. pewe Win User

How to stop an update download

The other day I connected a TomTom satnav to a usb port to check it for problems for a friend.

The next day Win10 reported an update for TomTom was ready to download and install.

There does not appear to be any way to stop this happening.

Can anyone suggest how I can stop the download and install of this.

Thanks

3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 28, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How do I stop update from downloading :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I stop update from downloading - Similar Threads - stop update downloading

2. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  3. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  4. How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the downloads folder from constantly grouping?: I just updated to Windows 11 and my downloads folder and sub folders keep changing to grouping. I keep changing it back to none, etc, but when the next time I open the downloads folder it has changed back. It seems to only be affecting the downloads folders, every other...
  5. How do i stop downloading to print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i stop downloading to print: Ever since edge. every time I want to print anything, it makes me download. I want this to stop so I can just print without downloading. where do i change this?...
  6. How do I stop Windows from updating?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop Windows from updating?: I've gone through all the answers on YouTube, and STILL I get notices that windows will update Windows 10 now or an a later time. I keep ignoring these because it appears that after some past update my computer can no longer play *.VOB videos on Media Player, and doesn't want...
  7. How do I permanently stop windows updates from downloading and automatically installing?

How do I permanently stop windows updates from downloading and automatically installing?: Is there some way to stop the automatic download and install of windows updates? I'm using my laptop mainly for gaming, but every second day there's a fking windows update consuming 99% of my internet connection for hours trying to download some update - great, i'm in a...
  8. How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?

How do I permanently stop Windows 10 from downloading and installing updates?: For about a year and a half, Windows 10 has been forcing me to install a broken update. If I don't shut down my computer, a shirt time later, Windows 10 forcefully shuts down my computer and installs the update. Then in the middle of the update, it displays "We couldn't...
  9. How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop updates from downloading automatically ?: I'd like to have updates set to download at users convenience or at a specific time of day. Is it possible in windows 10 ? 111691
  10. How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?: I understand downloading updates helps patch up security holes, add features, etc.., but I don't have the greatest of internet connections because of where I live and how much money I earn. Lately, I see that geforce experience, or some other nVidia related file/program is...