Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I would like for my Windows 10 computer to open to my desktop without having to enter a password. How do I get this done? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by edokie, Sep 12, 2019.

1. edokie Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?

I would like for my Windows 10 computer to open to my desktop without having to enter a password. How do I get this done? Thanks.

:)

edokie, Sep 12, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in? - Similar Threads - stop asking password

2. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  3. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  4. Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks me for a password to sign in/: This is quite straight forward, but I'm annoyed with my computer. I never set it up to require a password to sign in, only a PIN. And I have Users must enter a username and password to use this PC. but it shouldn't be asking me for a password at all, only my PIN....
  5. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  6. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  7. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop safeguard from asking for old windows password

2. how to stop windows 10 asking for password