Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Islam Mostafa 77, Nov 24, 2021.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !

:)

Islam Mostafa 77, Nov 24, 2021

2. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Windows Startup password

Yes, I'm sure there wasn't a Microsoft account on the laptop. When I set it up, she didn't want one

So I had to do a factory restore on the laptop. All boot methods would crash. I found out the owner was duped into giving a scammer access to her computer. That's how the startup password got set.

See its not the same as the account login password prompt

Thanks for the link! I will most definitely save it and use it when needed

GoFigureItOut, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Avedis53 Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup - Similar Threads - stop asking password

2. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  3. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  5. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for password at startup: I already unchecked the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" in User Accounts and restarted but still the same !...
  6. How do I disable windows 10 password on startup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I disable windows 10 password on startup?: I'm trying to disable windows 10 password on startup. Its a home computer for everyone. I don't have a need for a password. I recently downloaded the newest version of windows 10 from the Microsoft website. I used Hotmail account for login as usual, but when I try netplwiz in...
  7. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  8. How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I stop Windows 10 from asking for a password at sign-in?: I would like for my Windows 10 computer to open to my desktop without having to enter a password. How do I get this done? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-10-from-asking-for-a/c3a868d3-d854-4551-891a-3bb34f0d336d
  9. how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop PC from asking to enter the password?: My PC always requires me to sign in, and enter the password when I turn it on. It irritates me a lot because it is only me who has access to this machine....
  10. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep: HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from...