Windows 10: How do I stop windows 10 from constantly changing my settings back to the setting IT WANTS

Discus and support How do I stop windows 10 from constantly changing my settings back to the setting IT WANTS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi For example win 10 picture viewer, it really sucks, every time you zoom in on a picture you have to resize it back before you can change to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Willbur, Nov 28, 2019.

1. _Willbur Win User

How do I stop windows 10 from constantly changing my settings back to the setting IT WANTS

Hi

For example win 10 picture viewer, it really sucks, every time you zoom in on a picture you have to resize it back before you can change to the next photo. So fine you don't want to use it so after great difficulties (which you intentionally added) I switched to the old windows 7 picture viewer. Then in windows continued effort to be helpful you changed it back and now I can't remember how I did it, even though this isn't the first time win10 did this to me. I installed in Aug, I have had to go in and re-select my default programs 3 times, 4 counting the install, WHY. I'm certain that now that I've changed it back again within a month or two you'll do it again and come up with your little window which program would you like to use to open the .jpg and low and behold windows picture viewer is no longer listed, again and the default has been changed. You've done the same thing with my default media player, every month or so I go to open something (same file type as 20 times before) and instead of opening I get your lovely little window again asking me to select which program I want to use to open this file and the default is always changed putting in the check mark never lasts. And to make it that little bit more annoying the program I use is never listed as a choice so I gotta go out of my way to set it up again. WHY

I spent over $2000 on my laptop I want to tell it what to do not the other way around, nor do I want to "share" all the details of my life with strangers, if you and the other companies didn't collect all this info on us identity theft wouldn't be so prevalent. O I know you all claim that we can't be identified by the data you steal but when that much stuff is collected it's not hard to put the pieces together and find out who you are. How do you think they catch all the pedophiles on their VPN's ? by using this stolen data. Wait ya we're forced to give you our consent with all the bull EULA agreements we have the right to use no technology without selling out our privacy what a great deal and we pay full dollar for the software too. How much that make you, a lot more than just the buying price of the software. Why don't you come out with a version of windows that doesn't spy on everything you do bet it'd sell out quick but you wouldn't do it, it would just spy better so we didn't know...

:)

_Willbur, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Folder View settings constantly changing

Is there any way to stop Windows 10 from constantly changing my folder view settings. throughout the day I am constantly moving between different folders for work and am constantly changing the view settings. I like the detail view, apparently Microsoft
    does not and keeps changing to list, Large Icons, etc., etc.

Guest1, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

Guest2, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

How do I stop windows 10 from constantly changing my settings back to the setting IT WANTS

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Guest3, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I stop windows 10 from constantly changing my settings back to the setting IT WANTS - Similar Threads - stop constantly changing

2. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  3. How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows 11 Updates from constantly changing my Personalized Settings?: Every time Windows 11 provides an update mine currently set to Automatically perform updates, it changes my Personalized Settings? How can I stop this from happening?Why is Microsoft NOT returning/saving my Personalized settings?If the only answer is to NOT update the OS,...
  4. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?: Since NY my keyboard layout has changed. I ONLY have the English UK language installed, but SHIFT + 2 doesn't give me " it gives me @, the # is now a backslash. additional - installing Logitech Setpoint and updating the keyboard drivers didn't work either. Running Windows 10...
  5. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?: Since NY my keyboard layout has changed. I ONLY have the English UK language installed, but SHIFT + 2 doesn't give me " it gives me @, the # is now a backslash. additional - installing Logitech Setpoint and updating the keyboard drivers didn't work either. Running Windows 10...
  6. How do I change my keyboard back to normal settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  9. Windows 10 changes settings constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 changes settings constantly: So I left a laptop with W 10 running, doing some tasks. About 6h from boot it restarts automatically. I guess it's part of windows update, so I disable all telemetry and update settings and disable service in services.msc, stopping it too. About one day later (laptop was...
  10. How do I change the font back to the original setting in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the font back to the original setting in Windows 10?: how do I change the font back to original setting in windows 10? I was typing a form on the internet so I could print it and some how the font went very small....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness constantly changing windows media player