Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move...

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to move most if not all open application windows to a different position on my desktop screen, Windows 10 insists on resizing it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaurenceHazlewood, May 23, 2019.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move...

When I try to move most if not all open application windows to a different position on my desktop screen, Windows 10 insists on resizing it to full-screen thus blocking out sight of all other apps. I have tried disabling all the "functions" in the Settings Tab (which DOESN'T resize when moved btw) but nothing will stop app windows such as Notepad from snapping to full screen.

What the hell is wrong with Microsoft that they can't fix this simple but infuriating nonsense that has no practical value whatsoever? None of the Advice Website instructions have any effect whatsoever.

Can anyone this side of Oblivion tell me how to stop this useless action that serves only to cause stress?

:)

LaurenceHazlewood, May 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 23, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move...

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, May 23, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move...

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from full-sizing and repositioning my windows when I TRY to move... - Similar Threads - stop full sizing

2. How do I stop the window from snapping whenever I move it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the window from snapping whenever I move it?: Whenever I move a window, it doesn't follow my mouse. It instead makes a white outline of the window, and that follows my mouse until I drop it, fully moving the window. However, I don't want the white outline, I just want to move the entire window instead of it's...
  3. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make full size: I'm trying to hook up multiple monitors and I only have HDMI and vga cords my secondary monitor only has vga and that's fine as my main monitor has HDMI but when I plug my main monitor into the HDMI the screen is smaller than usual. Is there anyone that can help?...
  4. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make full size: I'm trying to hook up multiple monitors and I only have HDMI and vga cords my secondary monitor only has vga and that's fine as my main monitor has HDMI but when I plug my main monitor into the HDMI the screen is smaller than usual. Is there anyone that can help?...
  5. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?: I know I've been here a lot lately. I have used Windows since 1997, but I have a new HP desktop machine, and I am having issues I've never encountered before. If I power off the monitor and later power it on, I find my app windows have resized smaller and reposition to...
  7. How do I stop Windows from changing the size and shape of my windows?

How do I stop Windows from changing the size and shape of my windows?: Windows seeme to forget the size and shape of my open windows. They change every time I leave the computer or shut down and then restart. It didn't use to do this. A window remained the size iset....
  8. How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?

How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?: How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-maximizing-my-windows/cf12757d-1816-4040-bfb2-85863209ab8d
  9. how do I stop windows from minimizing randomly when I move my mouse

how do I stop windows from minimizing randomly when I move my mouse: Have tried, tablet mode setting and all from earlier post, but nothing works. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-minimizing-randomly/07b17b64-4670-4f6f-b513-708c83b7f5c3
  10. how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?

how do I prevent a window from expanding full size?: When I grab a window to move it and then hesitate for just a fraction of a second, the system automatically expands the window to full size. What option can I toggle to prevent that from occurring? I'm running Windows v10.0.17134 Build 17134. Thanks, Jerry Pope...