Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to version 20H2 but I didn't like it and downgraded to 2004 but I still can't uninstall my drivers. I am trying to uninstall my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MischievousBoi, Nov 27, 2020.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?

I recently upgraded to version 20H2 but I didn't like it and downgraded to 2004 but I still can't uninstall my drivers. I am trying to uninstall my Standard PS/2 driver because I spilt water on my laptop keyboard. I tried using gpedit but it didn't work. I also tried disabling Device Installation Settings and it still didn't work. Can anyone help me?

submitted by /u/MischievousBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MischievousBoi, Nov 27, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 27, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?

Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers?

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from re-installing drivers? - Similar Threads - stop installing drivers

2. How do I re-install just the windows 10 system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I re-install just the windows 10 system?: I need to re-install my system to resolve some issues that can't be resolved otherwise but I have a lot of programms installed and a lot of files on my computer. How can I reinstall JUST the system without deleting my files or programms?...
  3. Stop Windows From Installing Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows From Installing Drivers: I have a Dell laptop and as anyone who's bought one recently knows, the realtek drivers are absolute garbage causing popping noises and delays in sounds being played with external speakers. Good news is, you can just remove the garbage realtek ones and use the generic AC97...
  4. Printer driver disappeared. How do I find it? Re-installing is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer driver disappeared. How do I find it? Re-installing is not working.: Hi all- I have been using the same printer for over a year on this Windows 10 HP laptop. It is an old Brother, b&w laser printer that has never failed. Suddenly this week or last, the printer is gone from my devices/printer list. Windows can no longer find it even though...
  5. How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?

How do I prevent Windows from installing a driver?: I have an issue where Intel Management Interface Engine driver is preventing my laptop from hibernating or shutting down, I mean, the system just comes back to lock screen instead of turning off. If you search the web, you'll see this driver is well known to cause this issue,...
  6. how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop windows 10 update from re-installing: Hi, Can you tell me how to stop certain windows 10 update from re-installing. I have HP zbook G5 with docking station, after windows doing the update, sometimes when I press power button from docking station, for some reason the notebook doesn't start up, so I have to...
  7. How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???

How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???: How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-a-driver-my-printer-stopped/abd4ff45-a651-4b64-9f8b-d9d43939972c
  8. How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?

How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer?: How to stop Windows 10 from installing class driver for a printer? I was installing Ricoh Aficio MP C3300 on Windows 10 & it kept installing class driver automatically without giving me option to manually browse to the driver location to pick driver ".inf" file that i...
  9. How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Stop Windows Update from re-installing the touchpad driver: Hey guys I am new to Windows 10 Pro and I am having an issue with my Touchpad driver, it seems to want to mess up and not move to where I need it to go, so I uninstalled it from the Programs and Features menu, but my issue is it keeps popping back up in Windows Update and...
  10. How do I re-install Office2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I re-install Office2016: [img] when ever I go to use Office 2016, I get this message.. - I had an installation of Office 2007 which I updated to 2016.. - this stopped working for no apparent reason, and all I now get is the error message above Office 2016 doesn't even appear in the list of...