Windows 10: how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time?

Discus and support how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time? you get called away come back to continue working , windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peterfolatti, Jul 23, 2020.

1. how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time?

how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time? you get called away come back to continue working , windows 10 is doing who knows , computer is slow, you cant continue your work, windows 10 just wants to rule your life...

:)

peterfolatti, Jul 23, 2020

2. how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time?

how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time? you get called away come back to continue working , windows 10 is doing (who knows) , computer is slow, you cant continue your work, windows 10 just wants to rule your
    life...

peterfolatti, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Fcis_M Win User
    Task scheduler On Idle task not triggered Windows 7

Windows 10: I've just tested on windows 10 and set the task idle time to be 5 mins, but it
    still triggered after 4 mins only, I've manually timed it 3 times and always triggers after 4 mins not 5 mins, any idea why?

Windows 7: Isn't the task triggered because Windows 7 does not admire the 4 minute idle timer as
    according to Microsoft Windows 7 checks if the system is idle every 15 minutes? if so then shouldn't it work if the task idle time is set to 20 mins for example?

UPDATE : I just tested it and manually timed it twice on my Windows 7 machine and it always triggers after 15 mins of Idle time even if I am setting the Idle task to 20 mins. Also my
    application doesn't start although the task is triggered but instead of my application running a screensaver starts running although I am setting screensaver to off on my machine. Any explanations or advice please?

WMI suggestion: Could you advise with the steps step by step to follow to do you WMI suggestion
    please?

Fcis_M, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Mike_371 Win User

how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time?

Task Scheduler - Create task to STOP rather than START another task Windows 10

I have created a task in Task Scheduler in Windows that runs a small batch file at log on and re-runs every 10 minutes. This works fine as intended. But, now I want to setup this task to stop running when computer is idle for more than 30 minutes. In
    task configuration page I can find condition that only allows to start a program when idle, but I cannot find the option to stop when idle.

How do I create a task that starts to runs the batch file at logon every 10 minutes and stops if the computer is idle for more than 30 minutes.

Any solution is appreciated.

Mike_371, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time?

1. how do i stop windows 10 from starting its own tasks once computer is idle for a time? - Similar Threads - stop starting own

2. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  3. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?: I recently updated my laptop and I noticed that the snipping tool is constantly turning on and taking screenshots. After turning the snipping tool off and also uninstalling it, the screenshot is continuously being taken and getting stored in my one drive folder. How to...
  4. How to stop my computer from taking screenshots on its own?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can I stop windows from updating on its own schedule?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I stop windows from updating on its own schedule?: I have gone to settings and set hours allowable for downloads. I have set limits for the number of GB that could be downloaded and the percent of my bandwidth that could be used. But windows 10 ignores them and downloads 24/7. It never finishes because as it nears 100% it...
  6. How can I stop windows from updating on its own schedule?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop windows from updating on its own schedule?: I have gone to settings and set hours allowable for downloads. I have set limits for the number of GB that could be downloaded and the percent of my bandwidth that could be used. But windows 10 ignores them and downloads 24/7. It never finishes because as it nears 100% it...
  7. How can I stop windows from updating on its own schedule?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 starting on its own from shutdown: Hi All, I am facing a weird issue. My computer starts on its own at a random time from a complete shutdown. I do not put my computer to sleep at all, I always shut down but after the latest update of 2004 version my PC is starting on its own magically at random times. I...
  9. Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Seriously... How do I stop Windows 10 from restarting or shutting down on its own?: I never, ever, want Widows 10 to shutdown. I want to leave this PC running for 10 years and come back to it EXACTLY as I left it. How?...
  10. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...