Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or...

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I am trying to backup my computer or do some tasks I frequently get a message that I don't have permission to access something on my computer or I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edokie, Sep 4, 2019.

1. edokie Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or...

When I am trying to backup my computer or do some tasks I frequently get a message that I don't have permission to access something on my computer or I don't have permission from the "system administrators" to access the file or perform a task. I'm the only one using this computer and the only one signed into this computer so how do I get permission to do what I want and access everything on this computer? Thanks.

:)

edokie, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Sep 4, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Valeriu Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or...

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or... [​IMG]

Valeriu, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I stop Windows 10 from telling me "You don't have permission" to do something or... - Similar Threads - stop telling don't

2. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  3. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?: Using Windows 10. When I save an image to a folder on my desktop. I get the error message You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission. Would you like to save in the Pictures folder instead? I would greatly appreciate any...
  4. How do I solve You don't have permission to save in this location?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do you fix the "you don't have permission to give others access to a file on outlook...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you fix the "you don't have permission to give others access to a file on outlook...: How do you fix the "you don't have permission to give others access to a file on outlook office 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-fix-the-you-dont-have-permission-to/ac3fb497-cc2d-429a-affc-2cbdd3f87da7
  6. My PC tells me that I need to have permission to delete something, how do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC tells me that I need to have permission to delete something, how do I fix this?: I literally created this machine and it has the audacity to tell me I need to get permission to delete a game file. submitted by /u/ajb617 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iuc06t/my_pc_tells_me_that_i_need_to_have_permission_to/
  7. you don't currently have permission to access this folder -how do I get access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you don't currently have permission to access this folder -how do I get access: when trying to access a folder I get the following error message "you don't currently have permission to access this folder" how do I get access to this folder I am the ONLY user on this PC I used to be able to access this folder - how did this change?...
  8. How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I make search stop telling me to sign in.: I know that a huge part of Windows 10 is that they are trying to make it all on the cloud, but I feel MUCH more secure with everything on my computer. I will want to use the cloud for some things, but not for everything. The thing I want to avoid the most is using my...
  9. Permissions Issues - You do not currently have permission to ...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions Issues - You do not currently have permission to ...: Installed windows 10 pro yesterday as an in place upgrade to my 8.1 pro. There is a few issues so far, but the one that is annoying me at the moment is my pictures/documents/music folders. On a fresh reboot of my computer, the first time I try and access one of those user...
  10. Is there something you have to do with Acronis on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there something you have to do with Acronis on Windows 10?: Is there something you have to do with Acronis on Windows 10? Is there something you have to do with Acronis on Windows 10? I have tried restoring a backup up and the furthest I get is to reboot, and then it just stays on UEFI loading. What am I doing wrong. Thanks Paul....