Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!!

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to get info on the latest Window 10 update since I've heard so many bad things about it and now see that it's been delayed till Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mills World, Oct 13, 2018.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!!

I was trying to get info on the latest Window 10 update since I've heard so many bad things about it and now see that it's been delayed till Microsoft figures out a better way

Thing is I was poking around on my PC and and clicked "check for updates" not knowing it would actually download! You'd think it would just "check" for updates right? and not start the process.

So I paused it and have it set to resume on 11/9.

However when it resumes it'll be continuing with the older update that is in question.

Is there way to PERMANENTLY remove this download that started and stop it from happening? I believe it was at 17% of a download so it hasn't actually started the installation.

This is a brand new machine and I have A LOT invested here.

:)

Mills World, Oct 13, 2018
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Oct 13, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!!

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!!

1. How do I stop Windows 10 Resume Updates!! - Similar Threads - stop Resume Updates

2. how do i stop windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop windows updates: I am running many server programs on my pc and I want constant uptime, however, my copy of windows 10 keeps trying to install updates and failing, this causes my server to not shut down properly and corupt every time. I have been stuck on the same backup for a while and just...
  3. how do i stop windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop windows updates: I am running many server programs on my pc and I want constant uptime, however, my copy of windows 10 keeps trying to install updates and failing, this causes my server to not shut down properly and corupt every time. I have been stuck on the same backup for a while and just...
  4. how do i stop windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to resume Windows updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resume Windows updates: I have my Windows Updates paused and I want to resume them. But in settings I can see no way to do so--I can only change the pause date. How can I resume updates at once?...
  6. How to resume Windows updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to resume Windows updates: I have my Windows Updates paused and I want to resume them. But in settings I can see no way to do so--I can only change the pause date. How can I resume updates at once?...
  7. How to resume Windows updates

8. HOW DO I STOP WINDOWS UPDATES

HOW DO I STOP WINDOWS UPDATES: HOW DO I STOP ALL UPDATES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-updates/056d7540-c968-4346-bd0f-b16f49def3e8
  9. How do I stop Windows Updates?

How do I stop Windows Updates?: [IMG]I don't have a stable internet connection right now, and when my computer tries to update, it always fails and has to undo what it did, which takes ages. I've been waiting this time for about 30 minutes, all for an update that started without my knowledge or permission...
  10. How do I stop notification to "resume activities from other devices"?

in Cortana
    How do I stop notification to "resume activities from other devices"?: I would like the option to resume activities, but I don't like the notification always nagging me about it. I'm often using two machines at once - Surface and desktop - and I keep getting the popup asking me about resuming activities....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop resume updates