Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All my personal settings disappear when windows 10 updates are auto-installed. Why does this happen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertLindop, Jul 16, 2020.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings?

All my personal settings disappear when windows 10 updates are auto-installed. Why does this happen?

:)

RobertLindop, Jul 16, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Jul 16, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Jul 16, 2020
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings?

How do I remove this mystery person from my family sharing?

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

These steps will remove any family settings from a Microsoft account. The person you remove will still be able to sign in to all their devices.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings?

1. How do I stop Windows 10 updates from removing all my personal settings? - Similar Threads - stop updates removing

2. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  3. How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I remove all traces of Acronis from Windows 10?: I subscribed to Acronis a couple years ago. I decided to get rid of it because it was or seemed to me interfering with other software, e.g., Inno Setup. I even removed my asked Acronis to delete my account. Yet a raft of Acronis tasks appear in Task Manager. If I kill them...
  4. how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store

how do i remove all personal info from my pc before returning to the store: i am returning a new laptop to the store and need to remove all my personal info admin account, files, apps, etc. i have looked at 'old' info, and it does not seem to be applicable any more. if i go to 'reset' and choose to uninstall all my personal files, it then asks how i...
  5. Windows 10 updates continue to remove all my personal settings. How can I stop this, please?

Windows 10 updates continue to remove all my personal settings. How can I stop this, please?: As of July 9 2020 this still happen, even when I try to delay the next update. I've backed up everything onto an external drive and have to copy and paste everything onto the desktop every time there's an update, but even the printer has to be reprogrammed to see the WiFi...
  6. Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...

Last Windows 10 update erased all my personal settings...: including desktop, start menu, and display/power settings, as well as web browser Edge favs and passwords, and more. I am finding it difficult just to grasp the magnitude of the issue. All of my 3rd-party apps seem to have had their history and settings wiped e.g.: XnView,...
  7. How do I stop this from eating all my ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop this from eating all my ram: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DyiviYT [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gxrk9k/how_do_i_stop_this_from_eating_all_my_ram/
  8. How Do I STop WIndows 10 From Showing All My Personal Email Notifications On the Main...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I STop WIndows 10 From Showing All My Personal Email Notifications On the Main...: How do I turn this off? I have tried turning this off on the mail app program or what ever it is but it keeps popping up my personal email messages on the screen for everyone who uses this computer to see. AND HOW IS THIS PRIVACY BREACH A DEFAULT SETTING????...
  9. How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Do I Remove All this Dirt From My PC?: I ran some tests and found some dirt in my PC. Below are the results. How do i remove them from my PC? --------------------------------------- PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Downloaded Installers PUP.Optional.Legacy C:\Users\Public\Documents\Guid...
  10. How do i stop all windows updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do i stop all windows updates.: I play competitive cs:go, however windows 10 appears to hate me and restarts my computer every once and a while giving me a SEVEN DAY BAN! if anyone could help with this issue i would be grateful. as always **** gaben. 69732