Windows 10: How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

Discus and support How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue of late in having tried to keep my Radeon RX 570 video card drivers up to date and after just a week it all stops working,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DestinSkye, Dec 8, 2022.

1. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

I've been having an issue of late in having tried to keep my Radeon RX 570 video card drivers up to date and after just a week it all stops working, games run horribly and get notification from AMD referring to https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 which then links to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-can-i-prevent-automatic-updating-a-specific/9967b1cf-dc6f-495d-82be-4ab3f3207ff1 and the supposed "fix" on there does not work at all. So, when I update my driver and AMD blocks updates for 7 days through its software, soon as that time is

:)

DestinSkye, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Kanan Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

It's a weird software problem I guess. Try GeForce Experience to upgrade it, maybe it works. I have a 780 Ti too and have the newest driver in Win 8.1, installed via GF Experience.

Kanan, Dec 8, 2022
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

Windows 10 apps (Photos, Calculator etc) wont launch

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why you're experiencing this issue is an outdated driver or incompatibility. To resolve this, we suggest that you update the video/graphics card driver. Please follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows and X keys together.
    • Select the Device Manager option.
    • Locate and expand the Display Adapters.
    • Click on Update the Driver/Uninstall.
    • Restart the laptop and install the graphics card driver.
    Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

1. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with... - Similar Threads - stop updating video

2. How do i make my windows stop failing updates.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make my windows stop failing updates.: Hi everyone! So for the past 3 months my windows updates wont work, they download to 100% then it says ''Update failer cancelling changes'' and then it takes like 10 minutes until i get back on my pc. I have tried lots of stuff ive seen on the internet that are suppoed to...
  3. How to update video card drivers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to update video card drivers in Windows 11: Many Windows 11 device owners never install drivers on their devices. Windows 11 does a good job in most cases, ensuring that all connected devices work right on the first login. This was different in the past, when users sometimes had to add drivers to the Windows...
  4. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...: I've been having an issue of late in having tried to keep my Radeon RX 570 video card drivers up to date and after just a week it all stops working, games run horribly and get notification from AMD referring to https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 which then links to...
  5. How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...

How do I stop Windows 10 updating my video card drivers and making it incompatible with...: I've been having an issue of late in having tried to keep my Radeon RX 570 video card drivers up to date and after just a week it all stops working, games run horribly and get notification from AMD referring to https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 which then links to...
  6. How do i update my video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i update my video card: how do i update my video card Information: if you want Video card Name Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset FamilyPc Name Dell Inc. Vostro 1014BoisVersion Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07Date 11/26/2010MotherboardManufacturer Dell Inc.Model 0XHND9Version...
  7. How do i update my video card

How do i update my video card: how do i update my video card Information: if you want Video card Name Mobile Intel R 4 Series Express Chipset FamilyPc Name Dell Inc. Vostro 1014BoisVersion Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07Date 11/26/2010MotherboardManufacturer Dell Inc.Model 0XHND9Version...
  8. incompatable video card drivers errer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    incompatable video card drivers errer: I was playing minecraft through tlauncher and it crashes and gave me this error code " incompatible video card drivers" and it also sometime does this thing where it goes from the screen im on to black and it does it until i close the program....
  9. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?: [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few...
  10. How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make windows stop downloading this avolute driver update?: [img] So I already have the option disabled to not allow windows to update drivers via windows update. And it has never been a problem. lately, it has downloaded the attached avolute 1.6.10 driver and it screws up my sound a bunch. I use the UAD driver package a few...