Windows 10: How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu.

Discus and support How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu. I want to stop skype and one note. There is no opinions in windows display Graphics setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by manfalcon, Nov 23, 2019.

1. manfalcon Win User

How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu.

How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu. I want to stop skype and one note. There is no opinions in windows display Graphics setting tab to stop it because it is not set to use it .

How do i stop windows apps  from using my nvidia card gpu. 891aefd2-4ca2-4ded-8c53-08df97a6d426?upload=true.jpg

And the

How do i stop windows apps  from using my nvidia card gpu. df883ab9-f523-450c-b0ae-b7b8e1efef39?upload=true.jpg

Does not answer the question.

I do use Skype and one note so i do not want to disable the programs.

Also i use my graphic card to do graphics renders and i DO NOT WANT THAT PROGRAM to be disable from using my card. Just one note and skype.

:)

manfalcon, Nov 23, 2019
  2. GrapeJams Win User

Unable to detect NVIDIA GPU after latest windows 10 update

I believe I am having the same issue. The solution that you suggested does not work as I am unable to uninstall the drivers through the Device Manager as my GPU is not being detected and is therefore not listed under Display Adapters.

I have an Nvidia GTX 765M as well as an Intel integrated graphics card. At the moment the machine is only recognizing the inferior Intel card. I booted into the BIOS and noticed that my discrete graphics card was listed as [NOT DETECTED].

This appears to be an issue for several other users and I am quite confident it is an error on the Microsoft side.

GrapeJams, Nov 23, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Nvidia display is not working

Ramankuar, please explain what you found

1. In BIOS did you see your nVidia GPU

2. In Device Manager were both Graphics cards listed?

3. If you right click your Desktop are nVidia Settings listed on that menu?

4. In Control Panel, is nVidia Settings app listed?

DaveM121, Nov 23, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

That would normally suggest to me that PhysX is being run in emulation on the CPU rather than in hardware on the nVidia GPU. (I don't know whether nVidia uses any hardware acceleration on Intel built-in GPUs, but I doubt it.)

What choices do you have for PhysX in the nVidia Control Panel? I have 3: auto, my GPU, and the CPU. (My desktop Intel CPU has no built-in graphics capability.)

bobkn, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How do i stop windows apps from using my nvidia card gpu. - Similar Threads - stop apps using

2. When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.: I get a BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR depending on the application I use or game I try and play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-anything-on-my-laptop-that-involves/5b9cf7d8-6bb4-4032-92d9-ad45decdc2e5
  3. When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I do anything on my laptop that involves using the nvidia gpu.: I get a BSOD with PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA or VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR depending on the application I use or game I try and play. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-do-anything-on-my-laptop-that-involves/5b9cf7d8-6bb4-4032-92d9-ad45decdc2e5
  4. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  5. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1526, 64-bit Ten-year-old Dell XPS L502x laptop Intel HD Graphics 3000 Nvidia GeForce GT 525M Nvidia Optimus technology, switches between integrated graphics and Nvidia GPU On Nvidia site, final driver release for my card is "GeForce Game Ready...
  6. Nvidia Optimus: integrated graphics + Nvidia GPU. How to use Nvidia GPU for everything. Do...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Stop using my GPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop using my GPU: The programs SearchApp.exe and Textinputhost.exe are using my GPU. Q1. How can I prevent programs that I don't want from using my GPU?Q2. Why are these programs using the GPU, is microsoft mining bit coin on users' computers?...
  8. How do I stop DWM from using GPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop DWM from using GPU?: Oh man, this thing has going me insane. While playing media the GPU usage of DWM just spikes up leaving me to watch the video with lag and stutter. I've tried fixes like lowering the priority or turning of windows transparency. There's no answer at Microsoft forum too...
  9. Windows apps use Nvidia GPU

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows apps use Nvidia GPU: I have switchable integrated Intel HD video/Nvidia GeForce 840M. Recently I noticed that my Nvidia GPU is used even without any apps started. It turned that it is used by Windows apps like Phone Companion, Store, Mail etc. It is really disturbing, because my battery life is...
  10. How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?: I understand downloading updates helps patch up security holes, add features, etc.., but I don't have the greatest of internet connections because of where I live and how much money I earn. Lately, I see that geforce experience, or some other nVidia related file/program is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop apps using the nvidia graphics card after i disconnect display

2. how to prevent apps using gpu