Windows 10: How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ahmd, Sep 26, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?

Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this:

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? rB8vT8k.png

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? QyVFwmQ.png

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? 4EoLO3W.png

This is not a "dangerous and executes commands from an attacker", this is the script that I wrote myself that closes Outlook and does the backup of its file.

So I even tried to exclude that folder, but it didn't help:

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? FOwsWpF.png

Aside from disabling Defender, how do I make it work?

:)

2. Windows Defender stops scanning

You can follow these steps to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:

• Type services in the Cortana search field, then click
      Services.
    • Locate then right-click Windows Defender Service.
    • Choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 26, 2019
  4. How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?

1. How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script? - Similar Threads - stop Defender killing

2. How do I stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus?: I want to know how to stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus.I recently got a folder with GDIs and since then I have been getting notifications from Windows Defender that I have a virus or that I need a security scan.System information:Device name...
  3. How do I stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus?: I want to know how to stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus.I recently got a folder with GDIs and since then I have been getting notifications from Windows Defender that I have a virus or that I need a security scan.System information:Device name...
  4. How do I stop Windows Defender from counting a GDI as a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I Stop Windows Defender from Consuming Resources when using a Backup Program?

How do I Stop Windows Defender from Consuming Resources when using a Backup Program?: I am sick to death of my machine that has a fast SSD have all its resources gobbled up by Windows Defender each time I turn my machine on. My hypothesis is thus: When I turn my PC on my backup programs does a quick look of all the thousands of files it is designated to keep...
  6. How do I Stop Windows Defender From Following my Backup Program Around my PC like a Sad Puppy?

How do I Stop Windows Defender From Following my Backup Program Around my PC like a Sad Puppy?: I am sick to death of my machine that has a fast SSD have all its resources gobbled up by Windows Defender each time I turn my machine on. My hypothesis is thus: When I turn my PC on my backup programs does a quick look of all the thousands of files it is designated to keep...
  7. How do i stop script errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i stop script errors: how do I stop script errors on windows 10 on my comp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-script-errors/f6861504-aa8d-4420-84f7-4708a16b95dd
  8. Windows Defender kills my backup script?

Windows Defender kills my backup script?: Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This is not a "dangerous and executes commands from an attacker", this is the script that I wrote myself that...
  9. How do i stop a long running script

How do i stop a long running script: How do I stop a long running script https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-long-running-script/fbe271f3-0afd-4781-af17-9ce89270cf4b
  10. How do I stop long running scripts??

How do I stop long running scripts??: How do I stop long running scripts?? I have read that others have the same problem and asked the same question but there have been no answer given. If you do not know just say so and we can move on to some one else....