Windows 10: How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???

Discus and support How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have taking lots of steps in the group policy editors gpeditmsc and taken other such measures to make sure my system functions exactly the way I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelHernandez7, Mar 4, 2021.

1. How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???

I have taking lots of steps in the group policy editors gpeditmsc and taken other such measures to make sure my system functions exactly the way I want it to.

I paid a fair amount of money for my system, its configuration; and it is and should always remain within my control- NOT MICROSOFT'S!

This last go around, I now notice that despite the measures I have taken to close all back doors into my system, I now have, today, March 4th 2021, a new Meet Now Icon?

How is Microsoft still able to break into my system and add things like this worthless to me "meet now" app. I am livid. It's so disrespectful.

I feel like, if this is the world we live in now, where someone gets to mess around with my rig, then I should just be able to walk into their house if it's left unlocked and change some Hotshot Microsoft Execs internal decor and then act just as surprised when he/she comes home to see me changing up their place and they don't like it!

I've done: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10

I've done this: https://www.****/knowledge/how-to-stop-windows-10-update/

Nothing seems to stop Microsoft for long, which means they have a backdoor into my system.

I want Microsoft out of my system Forever, For Good. No permissions for Microsoft to change or alter any state in my system! If I want an update- I'll read about it and decide for myself if I want it. Are they able to somehow package these add-ons through 3rd parties? Like maybe in a game launcher like Epic Games or from somewhere, so now you have Meet Now?

I want my system to remain entirely in my control.

How am I able to do this? Because if I cannot do this, then this isn't my computer. This is Microsoft's computer. And if that's the case, then they can buy me a brand new 6k computer ever year! fine!

Can someone help me secure Microsoft Windows 10, from.... Microsoft! ?!?

:)

MichaelHernandez7, Mar 4, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2021
  3. how can I stop those annoying windows 10 ads?

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your description, you want stop the Windows 10 prompt ads. This is to inform you that service for Windows 7 will end soon. So, I suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 with lots of features. However, if you want to stop the ads prompt try the
    below method and check if it helps.

If you want to cancel the installation and remove the prompt to Update

You can remove the Windows 10 technical preview update by uninstalling the
    KB2990214 from Windows Update.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps below to uninstall KB2990214
    from Windows Update.

• Open the start menu and search for "View installed updates".

• Search for "KB2990214" without the "". You should find an update that was installed today.

• Right click and press "Uninstall".

• Reboot and run Windows update again.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Aquinus Win User

How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Lets spell it out.

Step 1:
    *58545-fa872538b0c15b9244d2b68545aca47a.jpg*
    Step 2:
    *58548-bf9c1c1e216891af0acda42b811599d2.jpg*
    Step 3:
    *58546-72c7a68628981eb35d0f9b4e8a5ea782.jpg*
    Step 4:
    *58547-b9cb38c7af783e2b5b90c1523e5ec819.jpg*

This isn't rocket science, people.

Aquinus, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???

1. How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want??? - Similar Threads - stop adding things

2. I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do...: I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-want-to-receive-ads-from-microsoft-store-i/c7775f7e-693d-476f-bcfc-a17898de235e
  3. I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do...: I never want to receive ads from Microsoft Store. I want to delete it forever. How can I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-want-to-receive-ads-from-microsoft-store-i/c7775f7e-693d-476f-bcfc-a17898de235e
  4. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  5. How do i stop Windows from asking my password?

How do i stop Windows from asking my password?: I removed the password, picture password, and Pin i even selected "never" for " if you've been away, when should windows require you to sign in again?" i even unchecked the Box on netplwiz the box for "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer after all of...
  6. I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it?: I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it, reject it, disable it, remove it, SCRAPE it off my HDD? Can we choose to not install it? I do not want another Microsoft blunder like IE shoved down my throat. I paid for an operating system, not a built-in...
  7. I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it?

I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it?: I DO NOT Want ChatGPT on my Taskbar or System - How do I STOP it, reject it, disable it, remove it, SCRAPE it off my HDD? Can we choose to not install it? I do not want another Microsoft blunder like IE shoved down my throat. I paid for an operating system, not a built-in...
  8. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  9. How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?

How Do I Stop My Cursor From Highlighting Things?: I've been having this issue where the cursor ? in some apps keeps highlighting certain options in apps like Settings and Movies & TV. It's happened on my computer before and I'm unsure what could be causing it. The effect I'm attempting to describe is posted below....
  10. How to remove extra language from the system that I never added?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove extra language from the system that I never added?: English United States laguage keeps appearing on the task bar even though it is not on the Control Panel settings, how do I remove it? It appeared overnight some time ago and still I can't find an option to get rid of it. Taskbar: [ATTACH] Control panel settings:...