Windows 10: How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed a Standard Nvidia driver over a DCH not realizing you shouldn't do that. It then auto updated back to a DCH driver and it messed with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alexthurman1, May 2, 2020.

1. How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH?

I installed a Standard Nvidia driver over a DCH not realizing you shouldn't do that. It then auto updated back to a DCH driver and it messed with my PC. Couldn't open the Control Panel and couldn't right click as it would just keep loading. Also couldn't press the start button.

If I have to uninstall this driver and install the DCH I will. I'm assuming it messed up because it says that DCH drivers can't install on top of Standard drivers. Or vice versa.

I unplugged my Ethernet after this last install, assuming thats why it hasn't tried auto updating yet.

submitted by /u/alexthurman1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alexthurman1, May 2, 2020

2. Stop auto update in windows 10 pro

hello sir

Please sand a step list of how to stop auto update in my window 10 pro

my windows full details is;

Edition : windows 10 pro

version: 1703

os Build : 15063.674

LovelykHUSHi, May 2, 2020
  3. MikeyJeff Win User
    Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release

Hi there - I would just like to ask a question regarding updating of Intel hardware beyond November 2018 with the new DCH drivers.

I am having issues in not being able to update my Intel Graphics UHD 630 drivers properly, ever since Microsoft/Intel implemented the new DCH standard.

I have an Intel i7-8700 processor, 16GB RAM and running Windows 10 Pro (1903) with a fully compatible Gigabyte Z370 motherboard (Socket 1151) - it has been working brilliantly
    since May last year.

The Intel Driver & Support software has been working perfectly in tandem with Windows Update with no issues, until the DCH drivers were implemented in November 2018.

AS soon as the Intel 630 HD Graphics v25.20.100.6444 was installed, the Intel update software thought it was a customised driver and wouldn't permit it to be updated to the new
    May 2019 driver. (v26.20.100.6890).

So, with aid from Intel I manually installed the latest driver by disconnecting my PC from the internet, updating the driver, and lo and behold, the new driver successfully worked,
    and all was well.

Until that is, Windows Update was invoked (as it invariably does from time to time) - it forcibly believes that the May 2019 driver is not the most recent version and falls back
    to the November 2018 driver, and then face the same problem where it won't update anymore, and thinks it is a customised driver.

I have changed nothing in my hardware or software configuration since the PC was brand new last year. It is purely because of this DCH driver from November 2018. Intel have suggested
    that I raise this issue here in the Microsoft forum as the only changes to my system have been the DCH driver which I understand to be a joint authorship between Intel and Microsoft.

I would like to understand if others are experiencing the same problem and how it was averted.

I understand I can force Windows Update not to update drivers (and perhaps ask Intel's updater to do that) - but I have never had to do this before, not until now with this new DCH
    standard. I have changed no other hardware.

System specification:

Intel i7-8700 CPU

Intel Graphics UHD 630 (v25.20.100.6444 - forced; otherwise 26.20.100.6890 when I stop Windows update from invoking)

16 GB RAM

Gigabyte Z370N Wifi (note, there are no customised DCH drivers for this motherboard for Intel Graphics or Windows 10 that I could see)

LG OLED65C7T 4K HDR Dolby Vision TV

Yamaha RXA-3070

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Build 1903

Best wishes and thanks in advance!

Mike.

MikeyJeff, May 2, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH?

How to stop Win10 updating graphic driver!?

Lets spell it out.

Step 1:
    *58545-fa872538b0c15b9244d2b68545aca47a.jpg*
    Step 2:
    *58548-bf9c1c1e216891af0acda42b811599d2.jpg*
    Step 3:
    *58546-72c7a68628981eb35d0f9b4e8a5ea782.jpg*
    Step 4:
    *58547-b9cb38c7af783e2b5b90c1523e5ec819.jpg*

This isn't rocket science, people.

Aquinus, May 2, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH?

1. How do I stop Windows from auto updating my driver to DCH? - Similar Threads - stop auto updating

2. How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I stop my display driver from auto-upgrading?: Here's my current display driver's details and when I tried to update my windows my system started downloading this version of my display driver:I have already used this version for a while and it was really buggy. It made my laptop's screen flicker like crazy. and it's also...
  3. Tutorial for updating DCH/UAD drivers

Tutorial for updating DCH/UAD drivers: Admin: please put this in the stick. People have asked me to do a tutorial on how to update Realtek UAD drivers, so here is a brief outline on how I update my Realtek UAD driver. 1) The proper name for Realtek UAD driver in Microsoft's language is DCH driver. Legacy drivers...
  4. How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad driver from updating automatically?: The latest driver seems to disable double-finger scrolling on my laptop and I have successfully re-installed the older version in the past only for the newer version to overwrite the older and cause the scrolling problem all over again. Can't find any option on the search...
  5. How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop Windows Updates Auto Driver Installs and Feature Updates?: Hello, I am on build Win 10 Home 1909. 1 I would like to know how I can stop Windows from automatically downloading and installing all device drivers through Windows Update. 2 I would also like to know how to stop Windows from downloading and installing any future...
  6. How do I stop Windows from updating?

How do I stop Windows from updating?: I've gone through all the answers on YouTube, and STILL I get notices that windows will update Windows 10 now or an a later time. I keep ignoring these because it appears that after some past update my computer can no longer play *.VOB videos on Media Player, and doesn't want...
  7. How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?

How do I completely remove a driver and stop auto-reinstallation?: I'm trying to uninstall a driver for Android called ADB Interface (winusb.inf). It's not compatible with my phone so I tried to install a driver compatible my phone but Windows wouldn't let me because according to it the currently installed driver is already updated. I tried...
  8. Update WHQL to DCH Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Update WHQL to DCH Driver: I've already installed latest Intel HD Graphics WHQL version 25.20.100.6373, but it keeps pop up me with warning igfxEM.exe App error box (the instruction at 0x0007FFF90D90A03 referred memory at 0xFFF... The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program) every...
  9. How do I stop auto updates to windows 10

How do I stop auto updates to windows 10: I just dropped of my computer at best buy to restore the PC after a failed auto update. It will cost around $200 Canadian to restore it. When I get it back I do not want it to happen again. How do you disable auto updates. I do not trust Microsoft to get it right next time....
  10. How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I stop nVidia from auto-downloading updates?: I understand downloading updates helps patch up security holes, add features, etc.., but I don't have the greatest of internet connections because of where I live and how much money I earn. Lately, I see that geforce experience, or some other nVidia related file/program is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com