Windows 10: How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or...

Discus and support How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows has been doing this super annoying thing where if the resolution changes for whatever reason (usually opening a game for example) or if I plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheRetroRaider279, Aug 16, 2020.

1. How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or...

Windows has been doing this super annoying thing where if the resolution changes for whatever reason (usually opening a game for example) or if I plug in an external monitor to my laptop, all of the windows which i meticulously size and place all get messed up. The sizes of the windows usually change and go the top left corner. I want to know if there is a way to keep all the window sizes locked to a specific resolution or something, even if the resolution of the desktop changes. Is it possible?

submitted by /u/TheRetroRaider279
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheRetroRaider279, Aug 16, 2020

2. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 16, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Aug 16, 2020
  4. David.P. Win User

How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or...

Change the Resolution setting on the moniter

Hello, to change your screen resolution, please follow these steps:

1) Open Start, select Settings then select System and then select Display. Alternatively, you can right click the background on your desktop, and select Display Settings.

2) Under Scale and layout, check the setting under Change the size of text, apps, and other items. We suggest you use the percentage marked "(Recommended)."

3) If that doesn't solve your problem, under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked "(Recommended)."

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402695...

Please let me know if this solves your problem, or you need additional steps.

David.P., Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or...

1. How do I stop Windows from changing window size and position when the resolution changes or... - Similar Threads - stop changing window

2. How do I stop Windows from changing the size and shape of my windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows from changing the size and shape of my windows?: Windows seeme to forget the size and shape of my open windows. They change every time I leave the computer or shut down and then restart. It didn't use to do this. A window remained the size iset....
  3. How to stop windows position changing after waking up from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop windows position changing after waking up from sleep?: I keep my windows organized in to the left, middle, or right side of the screen (Windows key + up/down/left/right). Problem is, when I put the PC to sleep and wake again, the windows are out of their positions. They have either resized a little bit or are completely...
  4. Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution

Windows 10 desktop icon positions change when changing resolution: Hi! I play a lot of a game called CS:GO. In that game, I use 4:3, which I've set to stretched via the nvidia control panel (I have an nvidia GPU). My desktop resolution is 16:9 1080p. After the 1903 update, every time I exit the game or tab out to another window, my desktop...
  5. Forced resolution change affecting screen position

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Forced resolution change affecting screen position: Hi I'm having a problem with the in built display on my laptop (It's an xmg). When I turned it on yesterday, the screen wad effectively showing only the top maybe quarter or so of the screen, almost like it had zoomed in (it wasn't, I've checked). On investigating the...
  6. Stop Windows 10 from Changing Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop Windows 10 from Changing Screen Resolution: How can I force windows to stop automatically changing my screen resolution via a windows setting and not pestering me to change it? I have searched this forum and found tons of recommendations but none of the work for me. I am looking for an answer that forces windows itself...
  7. Stop Windows 10 from Changing Screen Resolution

Stop Windows 10 from Changing Screen Resolution: How can I force windows to stop automatically changing my screen resolution via a windows setting and not pestering me to change it? I have searched this forum and found tons of recommendations but none of the work for me. I am looking for an answer that forces windows itself...
  8. How do I change the resolution of a photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the resolution of a photo: I am trying to upload some photos to a website where I purchased some photo mugs from. Almost every photo will not work because they say the resolution is too low. How do I change the resolution of a photo in my picture folder?...
  9. How to change default image size and resolution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change default image size and resolution?: Whenever I save a pic e.g. I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, opened in powerpoint, edited it then right-clicked save as picture OR I downloaded a 200kb pic from the internet, edited it in the default photos app and then saved it, the image sizes are HUGE . 3 MB at a...
  10. Resolution mismatch when using "Change the size of text..."

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution mismatch when using "Change the size of text...": I have a Sony TV and a Panasonic projector. I have Windows 10, Intel NUC, same screen cloned in Windows for both screens. Both are 1920x1080 at native resolution, 60p. I have a big problem with Windows Settings / Display / "Change the size of text, apps, and other items". If...