Windows 10: How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?

Discus and support How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Whenever I play a game like valorant or call of duty my computer mutes everything that i have running in the background like Spotify or youtube videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Logan Bentley, May 30, 2023.

1. How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?

Whenever I play a game like valorant or call of duty my computer mutes everything that i have running in the background like Spotify or youtube videos and when I go look at them to unpause them or turn their audio up it shows that their still running and the audio isn't muted. I've searched everywhere and tried all the fixes I've seen and still cant find a way to fix it.

:)

Logan Bentley, May 30, 2023

2. Windows Mute Full Screen Games

How do I stop Windows from muting full screen games when they are running in the background? I have 2 monitors and every time I click a window on the second monitor, my game that is running in the primary monitor mutes the sound. I am streaming games and it's causing a bad stream.

Syntax Sandbox, May 30, 2023
  3. 3d display stopping in background

When I have another window in the forground, the background ATI TOOL .24b stops rendering. I sometimes want to stress the card while I am doing other things. I am running 2 monitors and enableing it to render in the "background" would be fantastic!

Currently it only renders if I move another window around, as soon as I stop moving it, it stops rendering.

MikeMurphy, May 30, 2023
  4. How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?

Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 30, 2023
Thema:

How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?

1. How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game? - Similar Threads - stop muting everything

2. How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?: I'm trying to play a game and I have to press f1 to continue but it just keeps muting my computer instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-f1-key-from-muting-my-computer/8d8865af-80df-4947-8da2-3379cc8e92ce
  3. How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop the f1 key from muting my computer?: I'm trying to play a game and I have to press f1 to continue but it just keeps muting my computer instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-f1-key-from-muting-my-computer/8d8865af-80df-4947-8da2-3379cc8e92ce
  4. How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop windows from muting everything in the background as soon as i open a game?: Whenever I play a game like valorant or call of duty my computer mutes everything that i have running in the background like Spotify or youtube videos and when I go look at them to unpause them or turn their audio up it shows that their still running and the audio isn't...
  5. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  6. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  7. How do I stop my background picture from changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop my background picture from changing: Everyday, I am having to reset my background picture to what I want. I've followed the most common resolution to turn off Sync. It's been off and the changes still happen. There must be another way....
  8. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/
  9. Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume Mixer Mutes Everything I Open: I don't exactly know when this started happening, or how it happens, but whenever I open anything, it is automatically muted in Volume Mixer. I have to manually open it and adjust the volume slider so that it is not muted. Any ideas as to why this is happening/fixes?...
  10. how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i stop bing from hoging the opening window: how do i stop bing from hogging the opening windowon edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-bing-from-hoging-the-opening-window/c09fa378-7a23-4b19-8769-b1038bc400d9