Windows 10: How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?

Discus and support How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This issue also applies to folder items, i have attached a video to better illustrate the issue. I have already checked to see if i have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Twindrills, Mar 19, 2021.

1. How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?

This issue also applies to folder items, i have attached a video to better illustrate the issue. I have already checked to see if i have any tablet-specific software installed, as well as making sure no touchscreen modes are active on my machine. This has been going on ever since upgrading to windows 20H2.

In the video i uploaded below you can see how my pointer turns into a hand when hovering windows and selects them, and by left-clicking icons once i open them. How do i turn this off?

http://4rooms.team/cloud/?dl=eb7cfb2cd7d696a90f028d702bcd588f

:)

Twindrills, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Items getting selected when hovering mouse over it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to check the settings mentioned below and see if that helps in making a difference:

Disable Hover feature:

You may want to disable the Hovering over feature for Mouse and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control and click on
      OK
    3. Select Large icons from the drop down for
      View by.
    4. Click on Ease of Access Center and click on
      Make the mouse easier to use.
    5. Clear the checkbox for Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse
      under Make it easier to manage windows.
    6. Click on OK.

Disable ClickLock

Sometimes if ClickLock is enabled any item gets highlighted through the Mouse. We can try disabling it and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type main.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Clear the checkbox for Turn on ClickLock.
    4. Click on OK.

Disable Single-click to open item

We can also check if the Single-click to open an item is enabled. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Widows + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type control folders and click on
      OK.
    3. Make sure the option, Double-click to open an item is selected.
    4. Click on OK.

You can customize the view of Outlook as per your requirement. For more information, see

Create, change, or customize a view

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 19, 2021
  4. How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?

Stop hovering from selecting

And how long has this been happening on your device which has the XP operating system installed on it?

You have posted to the XP operating system forums.

Bill Smithers, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse?

1. How do i stop windows from selectings icons when i hover them with my mouse? - Similar Threads - stop selectings icons

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  5. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  6. How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How stop audio file previews when mouse hovers over them?: Hi,This is driving bothering me for quite some time and I believe it's something new with Windows 11 that I never had to deal with on Windows 10. If my mouse hovers over an audio file it tries to automatically play the file before I even click it. Does anyone know how to turn...
  7. Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you what you need to do to stop […] This article Stop mouse from auto-clicking or selecting when you hover in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How is this happened when I hover them?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How is this happened when I hover them?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/achia70 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hop86o/how_is_this_happened_when_i_hover_them/
  9. How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?: How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-maximizing-my-windows/cf12757d-1816-4040-bfb2-85863209ab8d
  10. How to stop selection by hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72