Windows 10: how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

Discus and support how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using an HP laptop running windows 10 home edition version 1903. My version was just updated to build 18362.535. This is my personal laptop and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jericastellanos, Jan 4, 2020.

1. how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

I am using an HP laptop running windows 10 home edition version 1903. My version was just updated to build 18362.535. This is my personal laptop and noone else has access or an account. I am logging in using my microsoft account. Every time there is a windows update and even other times i get the statement 'your organization requires you to change your password". I DO NOT HAVE AN ORGANIZATION. This is a PERSONAL laptop. Why is it asking me to change my password at all, as according to microsoft the deault value is to NEVER have a password expire. I am getting tired of changing a password that i dont want to be using at all. This is getting ridiculous. Please do not come back and tell me some type of convoluted way to change my registry and give me 500 steps to follow. Even though i do have some education in computer science, i do not work for MICROSOFT. I am the end user, not the programmer. There should be an easy fix for this. HELP!!

:)

jericastellanos, Jan 4, 2020

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 4, 2020
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 4, 2020
  4. how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

password required on wake up even after changing settings to stop password requirement.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to try the steps given below:

Just to confirm, follow the steps and check if it resolves:

a) Press Windows and X key together and select
    Power options.

b) Click on the Choose what power button does option at the right pane of the window.

c) Select “Require a password on wakeup” from the left side options. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.

d) Uncheck on “Require a password (recommended)” option and select “Don’t require a password”.

e) Click on save changes.

f) Right Click within an empty space on the desktop screen. Select
    Personalize.

g) Click on Screensaver from the options at the bottom of the screen.

h) Uncheck the box which says “On resume, display logon screen”.

Please let us know about the results. we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password"

1. how do i stop windows from stating "your organization requires you to change your password" - Similar Threads - stop stating organization

2. "Your organization requires that you change your password". How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires that you change your password". How to turn it off?: When I turn up my PC, I get "Your organization requires that you change your password" which is annoying to me and I want it to turn it off. Any handy idea?...
  3. "Your organization requires that you change your password". How to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires that you change your password". How to turn it off?: When I turn up my PC, I get "Your organization requires that you change your password" which is annoying to me and I want it to turn it off. Any handy idea?...
  4. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account: Hello everyoneToday when I was trying to log in into my laptop, I received this message "Your organization requires you to change your password" which was a weird thing because my account is personal not business and I have never signed in using any business account before on...
  5. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account: Hello everyoneToday when I was trying to log in into my laptop, I received this message "Your organization requires you to change your password" which was a weird thing because my account is personal not business and I have never signed in using any business account before on...
  6. "Your organization requires you to change your password" with no business account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable "your organization requires you to change your password"?: During covid, I worked from home using my personal computer. I installed Microsoft Office, which installed a work account on my computer. And of course, according to work policies, I had to change my password every few weeks. Now, however, we are back in the office. I have...
  8. "your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "your organization requires you to change your password": I signed into my personal laptop with my school account and then removed it after figuring out that it didn't have what I need. About every month or so I get this message saying I need to change my pin. I looked it up but the only solution I found was for Windows 10...
  9. "Your organization requires you to change your password"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your organization requires you to change your password": When installing the microsoft office package I accidentally left the box about letting them manage settings on my computer checked. Now it prompted me to change my PIN for login to 6 digits. An older post recommended signing out of my university account and signing back in...
  10. "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Your organization requires you to change your password" - I'm not part of an organization: I have windows 10 on my Laptop, installed recently (a few days ago). I had it set up with my own personal email account, login info, etc. Now, my university provides access to MS Office through my university email (a different email to what I set up windows with). I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to take off organization password requirements off your laptop

2. your organization requires you to change pin