Windows 10: How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi guys, I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JoergTheFirst, Nov 7, 2020.

1. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

Hi guys,

I set up WIndows 10 20H2 on a newly bought PC. Now Windows is trying to force me to use a Microsoft account. This always worked without one on my old PC - which ran Windows 10 20H2 as well.

What do I have to do to make Windows stop showing me "reminder" messages to create such an unwanted account?

:)

JoergTheFirst, Nov 7, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account? :(

Zakin, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

That's one way, but it's not the simplest. You can go straight to creating a local account at the beginning as explained in Farvatten's link in post #4.

Bree, Nov 7, 2020
  4. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account?

1. How do I stop Windows from trying to force me to a Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - stop trying force

2. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  3. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11: how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-system-from-trying-to-force-me/48db92dd-b37a-44c8-8ff5-40348f159f80
  4. how do i stop the system from trying to force me to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Windows 11 and 365 my Thinkpad lap top...

Can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Windows 11 and 365 my Thinkpad lap top...: How can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Microsoft 11 and 365 my lap top tells me it cannot use these versions, I do not want to buy any software or equipment at my age 84, just want to be left alone with what i have,...
  6. Can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Windows 11 and 365 my Thinkpad lap top...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Windows 11 and 365 my Thinkpad lap top...: How can I stop Microsoft from trying to force me into Microsoft 11 and 365 my lap top tells me it cannot use these versions, I do not want to buy any software or equipment at my age 84, just want to be left alone with what i have,...
  7. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?: Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?: Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my...
  9. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  10. Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows trying to force me to create Microsoft account: Hi, I've just bought a new laptop and whilst following the setup sequence I've landed on a page that wants me to create a Microsoft account. I don't want to do this, I simply want to create a local Windows admin account but I can't escape from this page. Having reached this...