Windows 10: How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

Discus and support How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know I've been here a lot lately. I have used Windows since 1997, but I have a new HP desktop machine, and I am having issues I've never encountered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RxDave, Feb 6, 2021.

1. RxDave Win User

How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

I know I've been here a lot lately. I have used Windows since 1997, but I have a new HP desktop machine, and I am having issues I've never encountered before.

If I power off the monitor and later power it on, I find my app windows have resized smaller and reposition to the upper left corner of the screen. It's become truly annoying having to repeatedly reposition and resize them. I found one suggestion online, System > Multitasking > switch off "snap window," but this did not work. I only have one monitor attached. This does not happen when the power setting switches off the monitor, only when I manually switch it off with the power switch. I would prefer not to leave that switch on.

How can I permanently stop this behavior?

:)

RxDave, Feb 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep?

CurtAllen2, Feb 6, 2021
  3. FrankMill Win User
    Using the touchpad to reposition/resize windows

Hopefully I'm missing something simple but can anyone tell me how to reposition/resize an open app using the touchpad?

It's very simple to do with the mouse or with the pen.

Thanks.

FrankMill, Feb 6, 2021
  4. How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

How do I stop Windows 10 from resizing and repositioning my windows when my computer goes to sleep?

I have Windows 10 and am using an HP 2311x monitor. Whenever my computer goes to sleep and I go back to work, any open windows I had are all resized and repositioned on my screen. This is supremely obnoxious -- how can I make it stop?

LOHADdotcom, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing?

1. How do I stop windows repositioning and resizing? - Similar Threads - stop repositioning resizing

2. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  3. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning: My windows in Windows 10 desktop are resizing and repositioning to the upper left corner AFTER windows update automatically runs weekly in the middle of the night. When I wake the computer up, the windows are shrunk and repositioned and I need to adjust. Is there any way to...
  4. Windows 10 windows resizing and repositioning

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing

Windows 10 Repositioning and Resizing: How can I prevent Windows 10 windows from repositioning and resizing after sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-repositioning-and-resizing/c154f906-b973-4efa-9d15-3b181f17ff31
  6. How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?

How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them?: How do I stop Windows from maximizing my windows when I reposition them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-windows-from-maximizing-my-windows/cf12757d-1816-4040-bfb2-85863209ab8d
  7. How do I resize displays?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I resize displays?: [ATTACH] I am running both a 1080p and 4k monitor, however, the 4k monitor shows up as much larger than the 1080p monitor even though they are physically similar sizes. this means that if I move my cursor from my 4k monitor to my 1080p monitor it can get stuck in certain...
  8. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  9. W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Desktop randomly repositions Icons - How do I make it stop?: Hi. I have my desktop icons sorted into sections, each section for a different need; hobbies, works, or by person. Randomly after a reboot or return from sleep all the icons have been shunted to the left side and in no particular order that makes any sense. I then spend too...
  10. How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I resize the Windows Explorer Window?: I am able to resize Windows Explorer perfectly fine when it's run by its own, but when a program such as Snipping Tool or Google Chrome opens up Windows Explorer to save an image or something else, I can't resize it. Can someone please help me with this? It's covering up my...