Windows 10: How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?

Discus and support How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every so often I have this problem. Windows Security will pop up and ask me to verify my identity on my PC, asking for my pin. I'll enter it, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ConnerSennett, Sep 16, 2021.

1. How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?

Every so often I have this problem. Windows Security will pop up and ask me to verify my identity on my PC, asking for my pin. I'll enter it, it disappears, then pops back up. I keep entering a pin and it repeats. Even exiting out or cancelling results in it coming back up. I've found zero solutions that work for me. I tried changing my pin, thinking that might fix things, but then it got stuck on that pop up. Now it shows this. Sometimes the problem goes away and I don't get it popping up for weeks or months, but it always returns. I'm at my wits end because sometimes I can't even access cert

:)

ConnerSennett, Sep 16, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Sep 16, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    Windows Security sign in pop up

Since you are still getting this pop up window, the next suggestion we have is to reset the network. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Network & Internet.
    • On the Status tab, click on Network reset.

Doing this will make Windows forget the connection credentials and other networking components. You may have to re-enter you WiFi credentials if you will attempt to connect to your home network.

Let us know the results.

John Vil, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Clark Ari Win User

How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?

Credential Manager

Hi,

Credential Manager is one of Windows feature that will let you save credentials like usernames and passwords so that you can easily log in to a website or secure computers. We'd like to know the following so we can better assist you.

• Which build and version of Windows are you using? To check it, click
      Start
      , type winver, then press Enter.
    • Are you making changes to Web Credentials or
      Windows Credentials?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Is your account being managed by a domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In order for us to resolve the issue, we need to make sure that the Credential Manager service and its Dependencies are started and working properly. As an initial troubleshooting to resolve the issue, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key, type inetcpl.cpl in
      Run dialog box and hit Enter.
    • Under Internet Properties, click Content tab, then under
      AutoComplete select Settings.
    • Under AutoComplete settings, clear all the checked entries, click
      OK and then reselect the entries as selected before and again click
      OK.
    • Once done, restart your computer, then check if the issue persists.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Clark Ari, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up?

1. How do I stop Windows Security/Credential Manager from popping up? - Similar Threads - stop Security Credential

2. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  3. How do I stop this pop up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop this pop up?: I'm on windows 11 and keep getting a constant pop up for Windows Security, "workplace or school account connecting to ... enter username and password. I have removed the school account from Microsoft Edge and there is no such account when I go to Settings -> Accounts ->...
  4. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  5. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials: Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials to log into a icalendar that I was just removed from??I have cleared my cache and restarted to try and delete. I shut off sync before I did this. Is this coming from a browser? I use Google and Edge as browsersThe message...
  6. Windows Security Sign in pop up asking for credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I stop pop ups from www.yoursupersweepstakes.com

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop pop ups from www.yoursupersweepstakes.com: How do I stop pop ups from www.yoursupersweepstakes.co https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-pop-ups-from/93cab050-51cf-46ff-9420-aadb3eb5b38b
  8. Security Credential pop up window

Security Credential pop up window: I have been using a remote desktop app for online course When I first started I had to turn off password protected sharing. That is still off but pop up window is back. what can I do?...
  9. Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mcafee pop ups- how do I stop these !!!: How do WE stop these pop ups by Mc Afee!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mcafee-pop-ups-how-do-i-stop-these/9154499a-e6b3-4885-a40a-1ff68ef34d7f
  10. How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...

How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10...: How to stop credential manager from saving credentials automatically on Windows 10 Professional? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-credential-manager-from-saving/61d95177-ee17-4d33-9560-250aa3dfad18