Windows 10: How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention...

Discus and support How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So everyone must have experienced that annoying thing Windows has where the taskbar will go up from hiding and will not go back to hide till we click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sai Sri Satyajit Bastia, Nov 25, 2020.

1. How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention...

So everyone must have experienced that annoying thing Windows has where the taskbar will go up from hiding and will not go back to hide till we click on the app that is blinking orange? I wanted windows to stop that because it is really annoying.

If that isn't possible, at least any way to just make that taskbar go back to hide after a few seconds would be great as well.

I did go into Registry Editor and made the value of "ForegroundFlashCount" to 0, as per some people's suggestions, but unfortunately, it doesn't work for me, no idea why.

Tried to find any options relating to this in Group Policy Editor but I couldn't find any, so if you know, please do let me know.

Now before you answer, if you are planning to give me a corporate style answer, just don't. From what I have seen here, the people who write in that format never have anything valuable to say, they just reply so that their total replies go up in count, and generally ask dumb questions in return as they don't know anything about the problem they are trying to reply to.

:)

Sai Sri Satyajit Bastia, Nov 25, 2020

2. exasperating orange taskbar blinking

Hi,

Notifications in Windows are present to draw your attention to programs or areas that require your immediate attention. Just to ask, aside from the game you're trying to play, does it also happen to your other applications/programs?
    If yes, can you please provide us with a screenshot of it along with the said orange blinking of the taskbar? You may refer to this

link
    on how to include a screenshot in your post.

Furthermore, we suggest that you update the drivers in Windows 10 as an initial troubleshooting steps. Here's how:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and
      select Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

• If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Nov 25, 2020
  3. exasperating orange taskbar blinking

I there a way to disable the orange blinking of the taskbar ??? every time i "alt-tab" a game the taskbar tab start to blink..

It's exasperating and annoying is there a way to remove this in windows or with a freeware ?

Anyankajenkins, Nov 25, 2020
  4. GeoffW Win User

How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention...

Orange dashes blinking above the taskbar

I'll explain the circumstances in a moment, but first a couple of pictures so you understand what I am seeing. See the small orange dash (dot? spot? thing?) just at the top of the taskbar in each of the following images:

This:

How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention... [​IMG]

then a second later this:

How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention... [​IMG]

then a second later two dashes:

and then it repeats

It's not entirely consistent, sometimes the orange dot/dash thing at the top of the taskbar is in just one place, and blinks on for a second and then off for a second, and so on.

This odd behaviour only occurs when the machine has been left idle for a long period (30min or an hour or something), and the moment I start to do anything the little orange dot will be blink quickly a few times and then disappear (happens so quickly that I can't get the task manager up in time to see what process might be causing it).

So far I've only seen it on a particular virtual machine. The host is running VMware Workstation v14 over Windows 10 x64 with latest updates (Creators Update etc.). The guest, where the above images were captured, is also running Windows 10 x64 with the latest updates.

The virtual machine has all sleep options turned off (never sleep the screen or system) as is common on a VM. The VM is running in full screen mode. When I switch back to the VM after not touching it for a long while and I will see these dashes, but almost as soon as I click in the VM they flash quickly for a second and then disappear.

The machine is a development machine and has very little installed other than: vmTools, RAD Studio v10, TinyWall, Firefox, AutoHotKey ... and not much else. The taskbar is locked in position. The machine spends most of its time disconnected from the 'net (external the firewall blocks it), I just let it through occasionally to update.

As far as I can tell there is nothing actually wrong. Everything is stable and working well. I am just very curious about what is painting these orange dashes and why - and whether the patterns have any significance. I've done a lot of searching on the 'net but have not yet found anything that seems to match what I am seeing. So I signed up here to see if you fine people might be able to help. How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention... :)

GeoffW, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention...

1. How do i stop windows taskbar going up and icon blinking orange when a app needs attention... - Similar Threads - stop taskbar going

2. My taskbar icons keep blinking twice. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar icons keep blinking twice. How do I stop this?: So I find an very annoying thing with my taskbar in Windows 10. My taskbar icons blink, twice. I find this really annoying for me, as a MS Windows user. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks!...
  3. My taskbar icons keep blinking twice. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar icons keep blinking twice. How do I stop this?: So I find an very annoying thing with my taskbar in Windows 10. My taskbar icons blink, twice. I find this really annoying for me, as a MS Windows user. How do I stop this from happening? Thanks!...
  4. My taskbar icons keep blinking twice. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar app icons keeps blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar app icons keeps blinking: Ok so I have this bug where the taskbar apps keeps blinking / flashing randomly and it doesn't stop, the icons blink for less than a second and then return to normal, but after some seconds the blinking returns and it keeps repeating that behavior. I tried everything,...
  6. how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar: I'll be using VLC media player as an example but it happens with certain messaging apps etc.Whenever an app wants attention about something status change and whatnot its icon blinks yellow on the taskbar. This wont stop until I put focus on the app, and it's very annoying to...
  7. how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop apps from blinking yellow in the taskbar: I'll be using VLC media player as an example but it happens with certain messaging apps etc.Whenever an app wants attention about something status change and whatnot its icon blinks yellow on the taskbar. This wont stop until I put focus on the app, and it's very annoying to...
  8. How can I turn off these blinking-orange notifications in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off these blinking-orange notifications in the taskbar?: [ATTACH] It really bothers me. Already tried setting "ForegroundFlashCount" and "ForegroundLockTimeout" registers to 0 but it didn't help. https://preview.redd.it/bb1z72ijouk61.png?width=56&format=png&auto=webp&s=d1031bfde1ee4afa05a4655cf7aa25cede6c20e4 submitted by...
  9. Disable blinking orange tabs on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable blinking orange tabs on taskbar: I want to disable the blinking orange tabs on the taskbar, for example for Teams notifications, because it's distracting. I tried setting the registry keys HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Control Panel - Desktop - ForegroundFlashCount to 0 and ForegroundLockTimeout to 0 but it doesn't...
  10. Orange dashes blinking above the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Orange dashes blinking above the taskbar: I'll explain the circumstances in a moment, but first a couple of pictures so you understand what I am seeing. See the small orange dash (dot? spot? thing?) just at the top of the taskbar in each of the following images: This: [img] then a second later this: [img]...