Windows 10: How do I stop windows update drivers install loop?

Discus and support How do I stop windows update drivers install loop? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Windows Update error: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lucian C., Apr 17, 2021.

1. Lucian C. Win User

How do I stop windows update drivers install loop?

Hello,

I have an Windows Update error: "A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep trying to install."

I don't understand the logic behind the "We'll keep trying to install" as long as the current driver is better, but how could I stop it?

I have tried to set the "Device installation settings" to No, I have also tried to reset the Windows update catalog stopping the services and renaming C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution to SoftwareDistribution.old but it keeps trying to install and failing the same HP driver:

"Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x8024200B: Hewlett-Packard - USB - 6/1/2018 12:00:00 AM - 46.2.2631.18152."

Is there a way to stop this loop?

Kind Regards,

Lucian

:)

Lucian C., Apr 17, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Apr 17, 2021
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I stop windows update drivers install loop? - Similar Threads - stop update drivers

2. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  3. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers: Hello,System information:HP Envy 15m-dr1012dx, with user upgrade to 24 gb of ramWindows 10 22H2 with the most recent April patch.Bitlocker is turned on.specs:10510u with integrated graphics, touch screen, 1080p 60hz, 512 GB of storage with 32 GB of optane, and 24 GB ddr4 @...
  4. How do I stop automatic updates from installing old drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  6. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  7. How do you stop a loop?

in Cortana
    How do you stop a loop?: On my Lenovo tablet, Cortana keeps asking me to say various things over and over. I cannot shut off the tablet. I have been waiting for my battery to run out and then maybe Cortana will get lost. I have the circle on the upper left corner and then what I am supposed to...
  8. How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???

How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ???: How do I install a driver. My printer stopped because there was not driver installed ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-install-a-driver-my-printer-stopped/abd4ff45-a651-4b64-9f8b-d9d43939972c
  9. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...
  10. How do I install an older graphics driver and stop future updates?

How do I install an older graphics driver and stop future updates?: I use Intel HD Graphics 4000 that came with my i5 3570. My main online game is an old golf sim, Links 2003. I am able to play the game quite well in Win 7 with the 2012 video driver version, but all the more current versions have problems with that game. This is easily solved...