Windows 10: How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

Discus and support How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My new computer is telling me I don't have enought storage in my cloud and I have to purchase a plan. NOT HAPPENING. Help! I may be returning the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cwags1234, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Cwags1234 Win User

How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

My new computer is telling me I don't have enought storage in my cloud and I have to purchase a plan. NOT HAPPENING. Help! I may be returning the computer if this is so...

:)

Cwags1234, Jan 2, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 2, 2019
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 2, 2019
  4. How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

Windows 10--> app store, photo <--- not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with Windows Store apps as they are not working, we will help you with this issue.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: For issues with Windows Store.

You may try these steps to clear the Store cache and check if it helps:

• Press the "Windows + R" keys on the keyboard.
    • Type "wsreset.exe" and press "Enter".
    • Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Windows Store.

Method 2: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter

Windows Store Apps troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store apps form working properly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud.

1. How do I store photos on my COMPUTER, not a cloud. - Similar Threads - store photos COMPUTER

2. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  3. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?: My tax document with important info is stored in Cloud automatically. How protected is Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-tax-document-is-stored-in-cloud-automatically/055269e5-b0e4-409e-8b28-723f30d04072
  4. My tax document is stored in Cloud automatically. How safe is Cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I download Microsoft Store on my computer?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I download Microsoft Store on my computer?: Not the apps inside it, but the Microsoft Store app itself https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-microsoft-store-on-my-computer/bc9046a5-945f-4cc1-94bc-18fe31bbec60
  6. How Much to Store in the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Much to Store in the Cloud?: [Windows 10 Pro, v.20H2, build 19042.746] As computing moves increasingly to the cloud, I'm finding myself storing more and more personal data in OneDrive (and Google Drive.) While this is really convenient - and just what Microsoft and Google want - it does make me nervous...
  7. Photos App For Windows 10 - Do the photos need to be ON COMPUTER as opposed to in the Cloud...

Photos App For Windows 10 - Do the photos need to be ON COMPUTER as opposed to in the Cloud...: In the Win 10 Photos App and when "files on demand" is enabled for OneDrive. If ALL Photos are stored in the cloud and not on computer, does that mean that the PEOPLE section of the Photos App will not function as advertised? ie: face recognition, tagging etc.? Also,...
  8. How do I get files off the cloud and back on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I get files off the cloud and back on my computer: I do not want files in the cloud. I need to know how to turn on or turn off the cloud and also load from the cloud to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-files-off-the-cloud-and-back-on-my/06eccf7d-d1a7-4ee4-986d-7cfabbf1a15a
  9. i have my photos on cloud

i have my photos on cloud: my cloud has all my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-photos-on-cloud/92e16f2d-ec9e-45f3-9453-74813caf3bf4
  10. How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I change the photo that appears on my computer?: Or rather, get it to stop changing. If I have to restart my computer for updates or turn it off for any reason, turning it back on results in a photo being displayed with the time before I have to enter a password. This photo keeps changing, but I don't want it to. In fact,...