Windows 10: How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...

Discus and support How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am again trying to use a Laptop with Windows 10 and It Is Nothing Even Close to How Windows 7 Pro WAS as to Storinga d Giving Folders / Files -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Newaygo1, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Newaygo1 Win User

How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...

I am again trying to use a Laptop with Windows 10 and It Is Nothing Even Close to How Windows 7 Pro WAS as to Storinga d Giving Folders / Files - "Names". Now I have to Sort Through the 390 Images and Pick those I was in a Seperate Folder / File because they are Scrambled because Windows 10 Appears to USE the the DATE that Image was TAKEN and Then Scrambles or Mixes them with another Folder or maybe Now it is Called "COLLECTION" Simple This NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As It SHOULD BE!!!!!!!!!! Why Does tech people Make it So Much More Difficult when It Was SO SIMPLE and Now It is SO COMPLICATED! I Guess You Have to be Tech Savy to FIGURE THis Out When It needs yto BE EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Guess It Gives this Community SOmething To Do When It Should be Much Much More SIMPLEW So Much for Windows 10 being BETTER Appears NOT and because Support for Windows 7 is DOne i am Now STUCK WITH Windows 10 Might have Give Up Using Windows as the OS as Windows Ten is HORRIUBLE Fr a Non Tech Person Sad!

Spending So Much Time Trying to get was So Simple To Work is a Waste of TIMR BUT Guess that is what You Get With WINDOWS 10!he First Person to Say This Either as to Storing Images with Windows 10 Again Very Sad Design on Microsoft's Part...

I know I am Not t

Newaygo1

:)

Newaygo1, Dec 13, 2019

2. Error with date taken of pictures and videos?

When I import photos and videos from my Lumia and then go to their information. Date taken of photos matches the real time when they were taken. But in the info. of videos they are +2h. For example when I take a photo at 2:15AM and then video on 2:17AM,
    and check their Date taken photo is taken 2:15AM but video is taken 4:17AM It is really misleading, imagine, having a lot of photos and videos and in the order of taken they would be completely out of order...

Yes, the time on my devices matches, so do timezone, both are +1h Warsaw, Skopie etc...

When I see infos. about these files on mobile their dates are actually fine, in info. in lumia I see photo 2:15AM and videos 2:17AM, so I think during importing the time of videos is being changed.

Edit:

There is error only with the Microsoft Photos app. When I move manually photos and videos their date taken is fine. But when I import using this app the date of videos is 2h late, so if video was made at 2AM after importing by this app its time is 4AM. Please
    fix this because this app is very convenient and easy to import and organise photos and videos by months, but due to this serious error I have to move them manually cosequently I have to organise them in months also manually. I'm looking for reply, and thanks
    in advance ;3

CorbanWolf, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Why download dates showing for pictures taken years ago? See more details section.

Transfer the files to a PC and Look at "Date Created", "Date Modified", "Date Taken"

In your pictures folder, Right Click > Point to Sort By > Select More

Here you will find a list of Details. Select which Details you wish to view when viewing Photos

Smittychat., Dec 13, 2019
  4. How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...

No Date Taken on Video

Hello,

I'm reviewing my videos taken on my phone and the Date and Time Taken are not correct. The date maybe but definitely not the time. And I'm not sure the date isn't the date imported not date taken.

The pics appear to be working fine.

Why am I losing my date and time taken information on videos I've recorded on my WP7 phone??

Phone: LG
    Model: LG-C900
    Operator: AT&T
    Phone OS: Latest Public. Btw the about screen doesn't give a full version # like 7.0.0.5
    Zune Version: Not sure, it's on another computer I don't currently have access to.
    OS Version: Win 7 Ultimate

Thanks,

MD

Michael DePouw, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to...

1. How Do I Store Pictures and Video and Not have them Scrambled Up by Date Taken having to... - Similar Threads - Store Pictures Video

2. How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?: This has been a feature of Windows forever but doesn't seem to be available on my new PC. Pictures were all imported under the same folder with today's date. When I look at the details of each individual picture, the dates and times are there. How can I correct this so my...
  3. How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I import pictures to folders by date taken in Windows 11?: This has been a feature of Windows forever but doesn't seem to be available on my new PC. Pictures were all imported under the same folder with today's date. When I look at the details of each individual picture, the dates and times are there. How can I correct this so my...
  4. I have a screenshot of a picture but how can I see where it was taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a screenshot of a picture but how can I see where it was taken: How can I see where a picture location was at? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-screenshot-of-a-picture-but-how-can-i-see/97be6285-8528-48eb-a0ef-188c22ec1efb
  5. I have a screenshot of a picture but how can I see where it was taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a screenshot of a picture but how can I see where it was taken: How can I see where a picture location was at? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-screenshot-of-a-picture-but-how-can-i-see/97be6285-8528-48eb-a0ef-188c22ec1efb
  6. I have a screenshot of a picture but how can I see where it was taken

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive: Hello,I am trying to sort a bunch of clips by their dates in one drive, but some clips inexplicably show no data in the "Date taken" field, and therefore cannot be sorted by date. Some clips however do show the correct date and I have no idea why it works for some clips and...
  8. Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.

Some pictures doesnt have date taken field in properties.: Hi. I have some photos on my PC that doesnt have "date taken" field and other fields about origin, camera etc.in properties. Vast majority of them have that but some dont. So I am unable to set that date manually in order to sort them by that date. Pictures with and without...
  9. How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the...: How do I have Photos automatically set up the dates when transferring pictures to the computer as Photos used to do before a Windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-have-photos-automatically-set-up-the/91aac4b5-e42d-4b6a-a080-db24c0c36c1b
  10. how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?

how do I get the Pictures folder to save by import date and NOT by date taken in Windows 10?: I have always kept my pictures organized by import date rather than by date taken, but sometime in the past year WIndows has started to only create and save folders by date taken, no matter what I do, so instead of say, five folders for a year with 50 pics each, I have 200...