Windows 10: How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot...

Discus and support How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,So in my bios settings I have an option to boot my m.2 ssd as it's my only drive at the moment and my first option to boot anyway but for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Re_2210, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Re_2210 Win User

How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot...

Hey,So in my bios settings I have an option to boot my m.2 ssd as it's my only drive at the moment and my first option to boot anyway but for some reason whenever I boot, it keeps on saying 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key'. Is there anyway to solve this problem? Also sorry if this doesn't really make sense this is my first time with things like this on my new pc

:)

Re_2210, Feb 21, 2024

2. "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device"

Hi, I recently built a new PC with a 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD. I'm installing Windows 10 via USB and I've made the USB top priority in the boot list. However, when I exit BIOS, It gives me an error saying "Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert
    boot media in selected boot device and press a." Is their a solution to this?

LAWolfGirlx, Feb 21, 2024
  3. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device...after reboot?

Hello all. Getting a little frustrated here. A couple of weeks ago we had a user come in on a Monday morning to find that her pc was displaying the classic message "Reboot and select proper boot device...". Tried popping in a windows disk and fixing the MBR, no luck. Ended up reinstalling windows and her few programs back on it. All was good after this. For about a day. She came in the next day to find the same message. So at that point we decided that more than likely the drive was bad even though oddly enough it tested out fine. It was a Corsair 60gb SSD.

Last week we swapped that Corsair with a 64gb Crucial SSD and installed Windows. We then created a backup image of that drive. All was good until Thursday when her power strip that the PC was plugged into got tripped. Start up the computer for find "Reboot and select proper boot device..." message. So, apply the backed up image to the SSD since repairing the MBR didn't work.

Now this morning she comes in and the PC is running fine. Attempts to open Microsoft Word and she gets a pop-up stating there isn't enough disk space. So, she then restarts and upon booting back up gets "Reboot and select proper boot device..."

Any ideas what is causing this? Is it something with the mobo or do I just have horrible luck and replaced the bad SSD with another bad SSD?

satindemon4u, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Apotheoun Win User

How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot...

reboot and select proper boot device

Alright whenever I try and boot to my SSD (boot drive) my computer will end up saying "reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key". However if I use the same SATA and power connections and attach my Linux hard drive, with no changes to the BIOS, it will boot just fine. If I have my SSD set up as a slave drive, I can access the files fine and browse the drive as if nothing is wrong. Anyone know why this is happening?

Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD evo
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965
    RAM: 2x(2x 2GB A-Data Gaming Series)
    SSD1: Kingston SSDNow 64GB
    SSD2: OCZ Onyx 32GB
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
    Linux HDD: Hitachi Deskstar 320GB
    DVD Drive: Some LiteON drive
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6950

If anyone has an idea as to why this is happening, please let me know. The system has been working fine up until I took it apart earlier to clean it out.

Apotheoun, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

1. How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot... - Similar Threads - successfully boot nvme

2. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  3. Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot windows from USB4 m.2 NVMe SSD: I am trying to boot Win11 from an external m.2 NVMe drive via USB4. I've tried many things from clean install to copy of an existing install. I can install Win11 to the drive, I can run Win11 installation from the drive, but but every time I go to boot Windows 11 itself, I...
  4. How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot...

How do I successfully boot my nvme m.2 ssd without it saying 'reboot and select proper boot...: Hey,So in my bios settings I have an option to boot my m.2 ssd as it's my only drive at the moment and my first option to boot anyway but for some reason whenever I boot, it keeps on saying 'reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and...
  5. How do I boot from my newly cloned NVMe M.2?

How do I boot from my newly cloned NVMe M.2?: I seem to have a very specific problem and I've tried to search everywhere for the right answersI have 1TB SSD for storage like games F:, etc, 1TB HDD for docs, pics, vids, etc E:, and another 1TB SSD C: where I have my Windows installation, and programs Program files etc.I...
  6. How do I boot from my newly cloned NVMe M.2?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I boot from my newly cloned NVMe M.2?: I seem to have a very specific problem and I've tried to search everywhere for the right answersI have 1TB SSD for storage like games F:, etc, 1TB HDD for docs, pics, vids, etc E:, and another 1TB SSD C: where I have my Windows installation, and programs Program files etc.I...
  7. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  8. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?: I have just installed windows on my m.2 SSD NVMe and after doing so I decided to go to my other driveSSD to copy down some notes I have there, but then when I tried to go back to m.2 SSD drive it was only possible if I set my boot manager as the top priority. So my question...
  9. Is my boot manager suppose to be my m.2 SSD NVMe?

10. How do I reboot and select proper boot device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I reboot and select proper boot device.: Hi so my computer is a msi and has windows 10 on it and is saying reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key....