Windows 10: How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?

Discus and support How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a device I've just bought which came with Windows 10 pro, and I already have a device with Windows 10 home on it. The device with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IfPigsFly, Jul 2, 2020.

1. IfPigsFly Win User

How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?

I have a device I've just bought which came with Windows 10 pro, and I already have a device with Windows 10 home on it. The device with Windows 10 home already is my main device, so I want that to have Windows 10 pro. I also want to keep the Windows 10 home off that device not for use with the new device, I just want to write it down and keep it, but I don't think that changes anything between that and swapping.

When I go put "system properties" into the start menu to get up the product key, I see that the listed product key has 0s in it this is true for both devices, which I know is an illegal character, I try typing it in to the "change product key box" and it confirms, yes that character is not allowed neither is O, capital o, so it's not that.

Just to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong place, this is roughly what the screen shows:

Control Panel > System and Security > System

Windows activation ----------------------------------------

Windows is activated Read the Microsoft Software License Terms

Product ID: 00325-[not showing the rest of the number just in case]

The other device has 00330 as the first bit of it's Product ID.

Thanks in advance.

:)

IfPigsFly, Jul 2, 2020
  2. IfPigsFly Win User

How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?

I have a device I've just bought which came with Windows 10 pro, and I already have a device with Windows 10 home on it. The device with Windows 10 home already is my main device, so I want that to have Windows 10 pro. I also want to keep the Windows 10
    home off that device (not for use with the new device, I just want to write it down and keep it, but I don't think that changes anything between that and swapping).

When I go put "system properties" into the start menu to get up the product key, I see that the listed product key has 0s in it (this is true for both devices), which I know is an illegal character, I try typing it in to the "change product key box" and
    it confirms, yes that character is not allowed (neither is O, capital o, so it's not that).

Just to make sure I'm not looking at the wrong place, this is roughly what the screen shows:

Control Panel > System and Security > System

Windows activation ----------------------------------------

Windows is activated Read the Microsoft Software License Terms

Product ID: 00325-[not showing the rest of the number just in case]

The other device has 00330 as the first bit of it's Product ID.

Thanks in advance.

IfPigsFly, Aug 5, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Aug 5, 2020
  4. How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I swap over product keys between a device with Windows 10 home and Windows 10 pro? - Similar Threads - swap product keys

2. Swap Home/Pro Keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap Home/Pro Keys: Hi All,Not knowing I had a Pro version of W10 on my gaming/workstation PC, I have a need to put Pro onto my home server running W10 Home. I'm specifically interested in using the windows Remote Desktop and Virtual Machines on my home server. I'm excitedly expanding some of my...
  3. Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I Swap Windows 10 Product Keys between two PCs?: Hi I have two PCs one with Windows 10 home and the other with Windows 10 pro. Is it possible to swap the product key for the Windows 10 home PC with the Windows 10 pro PC and vice versa? Would this delete any documents/etc from either PC? Thank you in advance for your help...
  4. How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro with no product key and download Windows 10 Home with a...

How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro with no product key and download Windows 10 Home with a...: I downloaded Windows 10 Pro and didn't use a product key but now I want to uninstall it because I got a product key for Windows 10 Home. How do I uninstall Windows 10 Pro without reinstalling it....
  5. Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro

Swapping Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Pro: I have two laptops one with Intel core i5 processor and other with intel Celeron processor. The i5 variant has windows 10 Home preinstalled and Celeron variant has Windows 10 Pro which I upgraded from Windows 10 Student. Is it possible to swap OS versions and use Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key

Windows 10 Pro and Home Product Key: If I buy a Windows 10 Pro Product Key from my Windows 10 Home Microsoft Store, will the product key of the latter one Windows 10 Home be used anywhere in other laptop or PC?...
  7. want a product key of window 10 pro ..and i want to product key of home 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    want a product key of window 10 pro ..and i want to product key of home 10: I want to product key of window pro 10 and i want to product key of my old window home 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-a-product-key-of-window-10-pro-and-i-want-to/339c2501-39ec-456f-a9c6-b7a100d39dc1
  8. Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices

Swapping Windows Product Keys between Devices: Good Morning , I wonder if I can trouble you All for some advice? I have a Laptop running Win 10 64bit Pro Edition - Free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro Edition 64 Bit I have a Desktop running Win 10 64Bit Home Edition - Free Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Edition 64 Bit The...
  9. Windows 10 Product key swap

Windows 10 Product key swap: Hi, Is it possible to swap product keys between 2 Win10 laptops? I have a Compaq Presario V3000 with Windows 10 Pro and a Dell Vostro 14-5480 with Windows 10 Home Single Language. The latter is the one that I use daily while the former has been kind of dormant for months...
  10. Swap Windows 10 product keys

Swap Windows 10 product keys: I purchased a new desktop with an OEM version of Windows 10 Home. My old desktop has Windows 10 Pro. Can I swap the product keys and if so, how? Both are licensed and activated and I am the original and only owner....