Windows 10: How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

Discus and support How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoyalAce, Apr 5, 2020.

1. RoyalAce Win User

How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

I'd heard it's best practice to install Windows on disk 0, and I wanted it on my NVMe SSD and not my 4 TB HDD. So, I only connected the SSD so it would be disk 0. However, after that went smoothly and the C drive was on my SSD, things went downhill. After I shut off the computer, connected the SATA data and SATA power cables to the HDD, I restarted. After a restart, the computer prompted me to format the new drive so that it could be used, and I also created the primary partition on it with the drive letter A. Then, it instantly switched the 4 TB HDD to being disk 0! Now the C drive is on disk 1.

Is there any way to switch disk 1 to disk 0, and disk 0 to disk 1?

Thanks!

:)

RoyalAce, Apr 5, 2020

2. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, Apr 5, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi Kati

When you added the new SSD did you connect that to the SATA port on the motherboard that the original hard drive was connected to, or to another port?

If you swap round the SATA ports on your Motherboard for those drives and change the boot order in BIOS to boot form SATA port 0 (the SSD), then the SSD should be Disk 0 and the HDD disk 1 . ..

DaveM121, Apr 5, 2020
  4. How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1? 01323cbe-683f-4a91-a7e5-101a9134305a?upload=true.png

AhmadEl Terkmanieh, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1?

1. How do I switch disk 1 to being disk 0, and disk 0 to being disk 1? - Similar Threads - switch disk being

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  5. Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?: I see in disk management that I have 2 disks and 1 is mush larger than the other and has unallocated space:Is there a way to merge disk 0 and disk 1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-disk-0-and-disk-1/84a8b519-a80e-4c4a-8b6d-c2bd6ab7ca30
  6. Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I merge Disk 0 and Disk 1?: I see in disk management that I have 2 disks and 1 is mush larger than the other and has unallocated space:Is there a way to merge disk 0 and disk 1? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-merge-disk-0-and-disk-1/84a8b519-a80e-4c4a-8b6d-c2bd6ab7ca30
  7. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  8. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, I bought a Desktop it came with M.2 MVME PCIe SSD and HDD . the win10 is in the SSD . But the SSD is listed as disk1 and the HDD listed as disk0 in Disk Management. In general it's functioning OK, but today when I installed the Adata SSD Tool Box for maintenance...
  9. How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?

How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0?: How to combine disk 1 and disk 0? Or how take the volume from disk 1 to disk 0? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-combine-disk-1-and-disk-0-or-how-take-the/3eed52f7-3b97-42c9-af39-f5b6a9afccc7
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. autounatten.xml for windows 10 1809