Windows 10: how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

Discus and support how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by cat man 420, Aug 27, 2021.

1. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

microsoft store hijacked my accountall the tutorials say to press a button in settings but they removed it in a newer update for some reason

:)

cat man 420, Aug 27, 2021

2. Windows 8 with 2 Microsoft accounts?

Yea, I would create a local account and just use your school account to login to Outlook and Onedrive.

Edit:

Here switch between local and microsoft account.

Mindweaver, Aug 27, 2021
  3. DarWun Win User
    Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

I already identified that I had tried this, and that it did not allow me to switch back to the original Local Account. The Microsoft Account hijacked the User Name of the original Local Account. When I click "Sign in With a Local Account instead" and enter
    the original User Name, Windows 10 won't proceed. The only way to get back to a Local Account is enter a new User Name.

DarWun, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account

1. how do i switch from a microsoft account to a local account - Similar Threads - switch microsoft account

2. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  3. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10: Recently I had signed out of my Microsoft account on my computer and switched it to a Local Account, I am currently trying to sign in however, when it prompts me to "sign into this computer using your Microsoft account" it tells me "the password you entered for your device is...
  4. Switching from Local Account to Microsoft Account Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How i can switch from microsoft account to local account?: Hi guys how i can swith microsoft account to local accont in windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-switch-from-microsoft-account-to-local/d849f2ad-92b8-4436-ad78-97f4b41c7221
  6. Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

Unable to Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: I have a laptop that was setup with a local account. Now I am trying to switch to a Microsoft Account. However, when I click on the Sign-in with a Microsoft Account Instead button, the Microsoft Account screen pops up and closes without any opportunity to log-in. Same thing...
  7. Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't switch back from Microsoft account to Local account: I had on my W10 a local account as administrator. I've logged it with my Outlook account, in order to purchase some item from Microsoft store. Now I want to revert back to Local account, but doesn't work. Of course I'm using my now my Outlook password instead of the local...
  8. How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to switch from PC local account to Microsoft account?: So I wanted to switch from my local account to my Microsoft account, but my microsoft account was already associated with my local account so I couldn't just use the "sign in with microsoft instead" option. Fine. So I created a new local account and made it admin, then...
  9. Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't Switch from Local to Microsoft Account: Not sure if the problem is with my Windows or with Microsoft. I changed my account to a local one (for some reason I can't remember) before I upgraded to Windows 10. I tried changing it back to a Microsoft account, I am able to type in my account, password, my computer...
  10. How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?

How do I log out of Microsoft and switch to a local account?: I'm currently signed in as admin on my device with a Microsoft account, but I want to log out. There is no visible option for me to switch, and many solutions on other threads don't exist for me. How do I switch?...