Windows 10: How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0

Discus and support How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Losing my mind. Computer guru I am not, but I have some VR and 3D stuff and need to utilize GEFORCE, but Windows OS is controlling my displays and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Deviladublin, Jun 22, 2021.

1. How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0

Losing my mind. Computer guru I am not, but I have some VR and 3D stuff and need to utilize GEFORCE, but Windows OS is controlling my displays and I just can't figure out how to switch.

:)

Deviladublin, Jun 22, 2021
  2. PaulPChou Win User

graphics card: showing Intel UHD 620 instead of NVIDIA GeForce MX250

hello:

My device is Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-57VG. It comes with a graphics card of NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2 GB VRAM. Yet, when I download TechPowerUp and under graphics card, it shows Intel UHD Graphics 620, as you can see from the screenshot. Why doesn't it
    show NVIDIA GeForce MX250? What happened? What should I do? Should I contact Acer or??? Under device manager, there are two adapters under display. Intel and NVIDIA.
    How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0 5ca4dedd-fdb7-4957-862d-9cfe4fd1a7cf?upload=true.jpg

How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0 228076ca-aaa8-4d7e-a0c2-a6eafe33433f?upload=true.jpg

PaulPChou, Jun 22, 2021
  3. rostan242 Win User
    intel UHD graphics no HDR

can someone help me solve the problem with the HDR option connected to intel uhd graphics 630 last drivers

my processor intel i7 8700k motherboard Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 nvidia 1080ti

the problem is that the HDR option is not available in windows 10 vers1709 bulid 16299.125 when connected is to intel graphics

if the connection to the nvidia card HDR is available .

as it is connected to nvidia dxdiag shows DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020, that indicates
    that this is for HDR10 and the connection is displaying advanced color.

when to intel show DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709,that
    indicates this is sRGB and not advanced color.

intel support claims that this is the fault of windows

please help thanks

Moved from:
    Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

rostan242, Jun 22, 2021
  4. How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0

Nvidia GeForce MX vs. Intel Graphics

I bought a Dell Inspiron 17 7778 2-in-1 within the last month. This 2-in-1 has both Intel HD 520 and 'ancillary' GeForce MX 940 chipsets.

I've built several computers and am tech-savvy; I've installed mostly NVIDIA cards in my desktop computers. However, I'm facing a conundrum...

I particularly use my computers to listen and make music, but primarily for use with the Adobe Suite of graphic items. I NEVER game, unless one considers Solitaire to be 'gaming' <G>...

I expected (per the apparently negligible knowledge of the BBY salesperson) that the GeForce MX would be of use for these NON-gaming applications. I came to find that the NVIDIA chipset seemed to be useless for anything but gaming, I 'chatted' with an NVIDIA
    agent who more-or-less 'said' that I was correct in my observations.

In turn, if that's pretty much the case, it is an aggravatingly useless, if not an egregious part of this computer which installs a ridiculous amount of multiple resource-thieving drivers, 'experiences', etc. 1GB is assigned to the Intel graphics and 2GB
    to the NVIDIA graphics. It was suggested by the NVIDIA rep that a rig with a Quadro chipset (which he kept referring to as a 'card') would be best...which is hard to come by and significantly more expensive (i.e. $4,000 vs. $1000).

So, I suppose my question goes: Is this computer worth keeping or returning? I bought this 17.3" for its size, hybrid design, and the supposed ability to benefit from the NVIDIA graphics. I have a few days to get rid of it since
    I'm a BBY Elite member....Can anyone shed light on and/or make a suggestion as to whether to keep or return it and seek out something else? (BTW, 15.6" is the smallest I could do...13.3" and under is wa'ay too small.)

Thank you for your consideration...

...Thew. How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0 :)

Thew Erikkson, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0

1. How do I Switch from Intel UHD graphics to Nvidia Geforce already installed.0 - Similar Threads - Switch Intel UHD

2. If Intel Intel® UHD Graphics 750 i and installing an Nvidia card will there be a clash ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Intel Intel® UHD Graphics 750 i and installing an Nvidia card will there be a clash ?: I am looking at an HP machine that has Intel® UHD Graphics 750 but I run Photoshop. If I install say an Nvidia graphics card will it impact upon performance?...
  3. If Intel Intel® UHD Graphics 750 i and installing an Nvidia card will there be a clash ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If Intel Intel® UHD Graphics 750 i and installing an Nvidia card will there be a clash ?: I am looking at an HP machine that has Intel® UHD Graphics 750 but I run Photoshop. If I install say an Nvidia graphics card will it impact upon performance?...
  4. If Intel Intel® UHD Graphics 750 i and installing an Nvidia card will there be a clash ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. intel graphics uhd stuck with monitor primary gpu and nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 second gpu...

intel graphics uhd stuck with monitor primary gpu and nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 second gpu...: theres not any preffered graphics proccesor in nvidia control panel and i have the nvidia advanced 3d setting. plz help! and i also have the lastest driver...
  6. Sound error 43 and 10 after switching between Intel UHD Graphics and NVidia

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound error 43 and 10 after switching between Intel UHD Graphics and NVidia: Hi, I have a problem with the Realtek driver, it's called Error 43. When I try to disable the driver and reactivate it, I get error 10 Power failure. This error happens like this: - I use some program/game with the integrated graphics all ok- Soon after, I open a program/game...
  7. Sound error 43 and 10 after switching between Intel UHD Graphics and NVidia

Sound error 43 and 10 after switching between Intel UHD Graphics and NVidia: Hi, I have a problem with the Realtek driver, it's called Error 43. When I try to disable the driver and reactivate it, I get error 10 Power failure. This error happens like this: - I use some program/game with the integrated graphics all ok- Soon after, I open a program/game...
  8. Sound error 43 and 10 after switching between Intel UHD Graphics and NVidia

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Intel UHD graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel UHD graphics: Just bought a new laptop and I see there is no dedicated NVidia chip in the machine and the Device Manager tells me I have Intel (R) UHD so how does this compare to a lower end NVidia chip? I don't use this machine for gaming but am disappointed that maybe the display isn't...
  10. graphics card: showing Intel UHD 620 instead of NVIDIA GeForce MX250

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    graphics card: showing Intel UHD 620 instead of NVIDIA GeForce MX250: hello: My device is Acer Aspire 5 A515-52G-57VG. It comes with a graphics card of NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2 GB VRAM. Yet, when I download TechPowerUp and under graphics card, it shows Intel UHD Graphics 620, as you can see from the screenshot. Why doesn't it show NVIDIA...